TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Re It's now the time for some of you fake teachers to go back home, maybe?
#1 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-11-08
Re: Re It's now the time for some of you fake teachers to go back home, maybe?

Actually, neither of them would make a great president in my view.

When was the last time America had a 'great' president?

Personally, I think O'bama was a great president depite having been unable to get much of his proposed new legislation through the Senate as he didn't have the numbers there to do so.

I think for America's sake (and for the sake of the rest of the world), a booming American economy must be a good thing. That's what the new US government should be aiming to achieve.

#2 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-08

Actually, neither of them would make a great president in my
view.

When was the last time America had a 'great' president?

#3 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-11-08

It's just exhaustion, having intensely followed the US elections in the last 2 months. Besides, those 2 parties said so many things, I can't find anything else to say about anything :o)

As a non-American, I don't care that much who becomes your new president, though I would prefer Hillary to Trump. Actually, neither of them would make a great president in my view.

What seems to me to be more important is that the winning party has healthy majorities in both the House of Representatives and the Senate. Should this be so, all proposed new legislation can proceed unimpeded and with only minor amendments, unlike what has happened during O'bama's two presidential terms of office.

#4 Parent BeenThere - 2016-11-07

It's just exhaustion, having intensely followed the US elections in the last 2 months. Besides, those 2 parties said so many things, I can't find anything else to say about anything :o)

Return to Index › Re: Re It's now the time for some of you fake teachers to go back home, maybe?

Go to another board -