TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re chef de chinglise foxy will know?
#1 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-12
Re chef de chinglise foxy will know?

Typo/Stupid spellchecker!

#2 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-11-12

Chinese mustard oil just doesn't work the same as Colman's does.

It's nice when mixed with a bit of coriander, (cilantro for you Americans), and some chopped fresh garlic, then used as a compliment for hot pot, but not quite the same when it comes to a bit of pork pie or a lump of beef.

Thx for your input!

Compliment or complement?

Typo, yes?

#3 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-12

Chinese mustard oil just doesn't work the same as Colman's does.

It's nice when mixed with a bit of coriander, (cilantro for you Americans), and some chopped fresh garlic, then used as a compliment for hot pot, but not quite the same when it comes to a bit of pork pie or a lump of beef.

#4 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-11-12

I'd settle for 'Chinglish' mustard to be honest, lol

Just ordered a jar of Colman's Hot English from TB. RMB23 incl delivery. At least a small jar lasts a good while....

Chinese mustard oil will do me, from my local supermarket 3.8 RMB/small bottle. Hot as hell! Will last me up to 2 months, on average. Dip a chopstick into the neck of the bottle and lick the chopstick.

Good news here - rolled mutton from a corner shop @ 25 RMB/500 grams. The supermarket price was 28 RMB for the same weight. Equivalent taste! I'm addicted to spicy mutton hotpot with red potatoes, btw.

I have been told that down south the cheapest rolled mutton costs upwards of 50 RMB/500 grams and tastes bad.

Small chicken legs, not drumsticks, pre-packed, cost 3 RMB each in said corner shop, but 3.8 RMB each in my local supermarket! Delicious too.

It definitely pays to shop around!

#5 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-12

I'd settle for 'Chinglish' mustard to be honest, lol

Just ordered a jar of Colman's Hot English from TB. RMB23 incl delivery. At least a small jar lasts a good while....

Return to Index › Re chef de chinglise foxy will know?

Go to another board -