TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute
#1 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-21
Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute

I note that Turnoi is now saying all EFL teachers in China
are losers. He's changed his tune from his previous stance of berating TC FTs as losers
and supporters of fraudulent outfits. However, he has worked for charities. There are a
few FTs teaching in China for no salary at all. They must be losers, according to his
criteria of same!

That's the trouble with irony. It's often ironically ironic!

People who do charity work are somehow noble, generous, respectable human beings, yet people working as interns in Chinese education establishments or working for a low salary, are all 'losers'.

I have a lot of respect for charity workers, many of whom say they get a real 'buzz' out of what they do. Well, if you want a real 'buzz', go and do a class in a Chinese kindergarten or primary school and see how enjoyable it can be bringing a little joy into the lives of these 'littlies'.

On second thoughts, don't bother! You're likely to be labelled a 'loser'.

#2 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-11-21
Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute

Teaching in China is not a "profession" and every foreigner in China and also the Chinese are pretenders. [edited]
Really, what planet have you been living on? [edited]

Sorry, but I have to disagree!

FTs in China can get salary increases without being promoted according to how many years they have been teaching in China. Some can become DOSs or Head of FTs, which are promotions. Teaching is a noble profession. End of story. I think it is inappropriate to regard teachers in China as losers. I note that Turnoi is now saying all EFL teachers in China are losers. He's changed his tune from his previous stance of berating TC FTs as losers and supporters of fraudulent outfits. However, he has worked for charities. There are a few FTs teaching in China for no salary at all. They must be losers, according to his criteria of same!

In contrast, prostitution is an ignoble profession. It too has a salary structure, but one that is in inverse proportion to the number of years the woman has been on the job, and whose initial salary is determined by her age at her time of entry into that profession!

Compare a dead-end job. Fixed salary, rising only according to inflation and union negotiations. Years of experience in such jobs count for nothing.

While I'm posting, I should say I'm dumfounded what little knowledge some posters have of women. It has been suggested that prostitutes do not enjoy their jobs, and are either impoverished or greedy, or perhaps both!

The dictionary is the best teacher. The words 'slapper', 'scrubber' and 'promiscuous' are used for women who enjoy sleeping around. Maybe in Australia you have your own vocabulary to describe this kind of woman. Of course, some of these women are prostitutes, and I think they will enjoy themselves tremendously while servicing their clients!

Return to Index › Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute

Go to another board -