TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute
#1 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-22
Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute

I save 2300 U.S. Dollars every
month without even trying. In Canada this would be impossible to do with the high cost
of living and the taxes/rent I would have to pay. So, I stay here in China as my bank
account grows every month and my dream of retiring with a house and business in a
tropical climate becomes more of a reality each and every semester I stay here.

Exactly my point!

It's not too difficult to stay away from 'pink rooms' and bars full of drunken idiots who have escaped from the training centre on a Monday night.

With a regular job on a regular income, you certainly could NOT save that kind of money back home !

#2 Parent BeenThere - 2016-11-21
Re: Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute

Impressive, Mike...

#3 Parent Mike Babsocks - 2016-11-21

To all the people who believe that teaching in China is a losers game because of the low pay I say, horse cookies! I teach in China in a third/fourth tier city and save very good money every month. I'm not a teacher that was educated as an educator in my home country so I guess I would qualify as a deecher on this board. I save 2300 U.S. Dollars every month without even trying. In Canada this would be impossible to do with the high cost of living and the taxes/rent I would have to pay. So, I stay here in China as my bank account grows every month and my dream of retiring with a house and business in a tropical climate becomes more of a reality each and every semester I stay here. Of course there are bad jobs and employers in China, but with a little luck and persistence, you can one day leave China ready for the next chapter in your lives in pretty good shape. Good luck to everyone.

#4 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-21

What I was saying that teachers and deechers are losers when working in China because they
get paid peanuts in comparison to other nations. In that sense, they all are losers in
the end, whether deechers or teachers.

OK, let's say we're talking about teachers working in the ESL industry in China. Paid peanuts compared to where?

UAE? They pay well, but not much fun without women, alcohol, etc.

Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, and other SE Asian countries all pay less than China. Parts of Europe are perhaps a possibility, but the cost of living there is much higher than it is in China. So where do YOU suggest?

Return to Index › Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute

Go to another board -