TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re English masters for foreigners as difficult as 0 level GCE.
#1 Parent Davyhulme - 2016-11-22
Re English masters for foreigners as difficult as 0 level GCE.

They become agitated and rude when others don't agree with what they have posted.

That rule should apply to everyone equally on here, sadly it does not, and everyone has their right to their opinion, especially if insulted by another poster.

#2 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-11-22
Re English masters for foreigners as difficult as 0 level GCE.

Well I met a chap in his fifties and viewed his flat which came with the job. The flat was neglected by his school and the AC wasn't even working properly. I said to him, why don't you complain. He replied that he was happy in life as long as people would leave him alone, so he didn't encourage his bosses to his flat to even fix anything. He was highly qualified and popular with his students- he just wanted people to leave him alone. I think he'd had some sad times in his life and China had become an Oasis of pleasure for him.

I would agree with you that there are better places to teach work and live for most of us. I would totally disagree with you if you suggest we try and force every single individual to hate the place. 'Each to his own' should be more that just a cool phrase we feel obliged to mutter occasionally if we really must.

I can't wait until my time is up here but i know that this place serves a purpose for some Westerners. I shouldn't have to understand why- just accept it.

'My way or the highway' seems to be the attitude of certain posters. They do not believe in 'live and let live'. They come across as people with entrenched mindsets.

Your reply to Pigdog is apt.

I feel there are too many preachers posting on ESLTB, both self-appoimted ones, and one former one! They become agitated and rude when others don't agree with what they have posted. Sad, really sad!

Return to Index › Re English masters for foreigners as difficult as 0 level GCE.

Go to another board -