TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Now if I could just get my 1600 back
#1 Parent Lorraine - 2006-10-19
Bonita - Teachers Discussion

I see.

I guess our recruiter is not the same recruiter your friends have. Anyways, I wish them good.

#2 Parent bonita - 2006-10-19
hi lorraine - Teachers Discussion

my friends were lured by the schools promises..when they got there nothin of the promises were kept...

#3 Parent RhenoUSA - 2006-10-11
I'll be fine - Teachers Discussion

I have some skills up my sleeve, so I'll be fine. And no, those skills don't involve the service sector.

There are plenty of things you can learn if you come back to the states. You just gotta put your nose to the grindstone. I know a skill right now that will net you 50K plus a year....if you learn it. There is a catch, though. It's outside work all four seasons.
It takes about a month to learn this skill.

Look into it. Don't settle for chickenfeed if you want more.

#4 Parent Lorraine - 2006-10-10
I got a question for Bonita - Teachers Discussion

By the ways, I forgot to ask. How come your friends accepted the 2900 RMB offer?

#5 Parent Alex - 2006-10-10
Life back home? - Teachers Discussion

macdonals..dairy queen,7-eleven,costco,wallmart........
I would not stay home again. I would rather stay teaching abroad.
Best to you. Its nothing personal :)

#6 Parent RhenoUSA - 2006-10-10
Now if I could just get my 1600 back

You mean you actually need encouragement, Fishy? Perhaps you should tuck your head between your legs and head home.

Read my previous posts here for plenty of advice from yours truly....that is if you dare.

I would make this a long reply, but f### it. It's not worth it. I was in Thailand about 28 months, save for a short hop to South Korea (plane ticket was paid for) for a week.

TESOL was cool, but it's no career. Now if I could only get my 1600 back I dropped on my useless TESOL program.

Yeah, I'm back to my "previous life". The life where I nail down some real mulla instead of the pigeon feed I was making as a babysitter/scapegoat/bozo/patsy in Thailand.

Return to Index › Now if I could just get my 1600 back

Go to another board -