TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › projection
#1 Parent [poster] - 2016-12-07
Re projection

Chinese culture certainly does.

it certainly does not. Neither does Vietnam or most of SouthEast Asia or South Korea. Neither do many of the Islamic nations and keeping in mind where you find it today is largely from Western influence and even then it may be more of a 'Said Value' but is not practiced and nor is it believe it ought to be practiced.

The belief that everyone around the world shares Western Christian-based morals and values is a rampant untruth constantly taught and told in the liberal colleges in the West and you sure seem to be infected by it too.

#2 Parent Trump diplomacy - 2016-12-07
Re projection

Sorry no it's not Universal. to be 'better' than others maybe yes. But 'fairness' is not
universal and 'equality' is definitely not universal.

Equality is your addition to the statement. I make no mention of it.

What culture, in its morality, does not 'ascribe' fairness to all people, to provide justice for all?

Chinese culture certainly does.

The actual behavior of individuals, even of an Emperor or President or army, do not taint or sway the moral basis of a culture. Indeed, morality would be unnecessary if everyone acted in accordance with it.

pDog's words do not prove that his culture has no moral stand on justice. They only indicate his failure to live according to them.

#3 Parent [poster] - 2016-12-05
Re projection

The expectation 'to be better and fairer' is universally ascribed to all mankind in all
cultures.

Sorry no it's not Universal. to be 'better' than others maybe yes. But 'fairness' is not universal and 'equality' is definitely not universal.

Trump diplomacy - 2016-12-05
projection

The trouble is the world expects the white man to be better and fairer than anybody else was or

would have been if they hadn't of been so bone-idle.

I cannot speak for what 'the world expects' nor do I have a firm grasp on what cohort comprises 'the white man'.

But I am familiar with the moral teachings of Judaeo-Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, and yes, Islam.

The expectation 'to be better and fairer' is universally ascribed to all mankind in all cultures.

Characterizing morality as the 'trouble' with the 'world' and using it to inflict divisiveness is perverse and a product of an individual's damaged psyche, not the 'world's.

Return to Index › projection

Go to another board -