TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › YAY! WE FOUND A GREAT SCHOOL! FOR ALL NON- NATIVES - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent JUSTICE - 2006-10-21
IN DEFENSE - Teachers Discussion

Hello everyone! In all fairness with my employer and the school where we will be working with, they have been very nice and as a matter of fact, we are half way through with our working visa process, the owner of the school has been very very helpful :-) As I have said ain't no impossible with God :-)

Discrimination is everywhere, in Asia, in Europe, in the US, in your own country... Its a thing we can't run away from. Its up to you if you wanna be swayed by it or not. What matters is you can walk your head up high wherever you are :-)

Take it easy, guys and thanks again :-)

#2 Parent Dianne - 2006-10-20
Teaching in Europe - Teachers Discussion

I don`t want to spoil anybody`s good mood, but as far as I know, it is not possible to work legally in Europe without a EU passport. ( except in Switzerland, Norway and in the East-European countries ). Russia is full of illegal schools and racism is high in Poland.
I am from Europe and I can tell you as a fact that other races are treated with indifference in developed countries. Students are spoiled and unpolite in governmental schools. I cannot compare them with my nice Chinese students.
Please, do your homework well ! Dishonest recruiters are everywhere not only in Asia.

#3 Parent Santiago - 2006-10-19
re: loving Europe - Teachers Discussion

That's fantastic. I'm so glad you've made a decision that is working for you. Now I envy you! Working in Europe! Yes, please keep me posted. In fact, I'd love to be in Europe right now. I've got a friend in France that I hope to visit next year when my contract is up with this university. I have this dream of walking with my girl friend through the green fields of Bordeux where my friend has a farm. And I know it will happen sooner or later!
Good luck and keep the peace...........

#4 Parent JUSTICE FOR THE BROWN RACE - 2006-10-19
I AM LOVING EUROPE! For Santiago - Teachers Discussion

Hey man, whats up?

Don't worry I will keep you posted. We are working on our "WORK" visa now... Isnt that great?

I know, you know me. I seek help from you before... Thanks!

Oh man, I love Europe!

Take it easy, dude :-)

#5 Parent Santiago - 2006-10-18
justice - Teachers Discussion

So happy to read that you've found somewhere to teach. Also, I love your positive attitude.
Good luck with the new position and please keep us posted. It would be great to know how well it all works out for you.

JUSTICE FOR THE BROWN RACE - 2006-10-17
YAY! WE FOUND A GREAT SCHOOL! FOR ALL NON- NATIVES - Teachers Discussion

Dear People (specially my fellow Non- Natives),

My husband and I weren't able to find a job in China but its fine!

God is sooo good!

My husband and I will be working as ESL Teachers in a very nice country in the west. We both are so happy. WE WILL BE EARNING 4x more than what we will be earning in CHINA. MOREOVER, the owner of the school personally contacted us! WE WERE NOT ABLE TO ACE A JOB IN CHINA,in TAIWAN, in JAPAN and in S. KOREA but we are ok with it.

So, our fellow non- natives out there, just be patient on your job hunting. WE KNOW YOU WILL HAVE A LOTTA HEARTACHES (since majority of the schools in Asia prefer our caucasian friends for the ESL posts.)DONT TAKE IT AGAINST YOURSELVES and BE VERY VERY PATIENT. God is good and he will give you something more than you'd expected.

WE CAN ALL DO IT, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Thanks very much to all the people who tried to help us, God bless your kind hearts.

:)

Return to Index › YAY! WE FOUND A GREAT SCHOOL! FOR ALL NON- NATIVES - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -