TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › FEC
#1 Parent caring - 2016-12-16
Re FEC

FEC's owner is the person whose name and pic are in it, and so s/he should have it. Employers keep FECs not because they pay for the document but because they prevent FTs from moving on to the other job posts elsewhere in the country.

#2 Parent Foxy - 2016-12-15
Re FEC

During 5 legal employments over 10 years, I have only had an FEC in my possession for a few
months, an event which got the FAO assistant who gave it to me in trouble.

I have always had photos of it. As I recall, all employers obtained it without my presence
during the day that they obtained it.

If the school is being investigated for hiring practices, they probably need it in their
possession to verify the legitimacy of their payroll. Individual teachers questioned by
the police need the residence permit in their passport.

Even a Chinese passport is the possession of the state, so I expect that this document has
the same status.

According to what I have been told, schools now need to pay RMB1000 deposit on all FEC's. That would explain their need to hold the original. However, why should I be denied a copy? Even the local FEB said I should hold the original, despite the school's 'policy'.

I don't WANT the original, I just want a copy.

#3 Parent Trump diplomacy - 2016-12-15
Re FEC

During 5 legal employments over 10 years, I have only had an FEC in my possession for a few months, an event which got the FAO assistant who gave it to me in trouble.

I have always had photos of it. As I recall, all employers obtained it without my presence during the day that they obtained it.

If the school is being investigated for hiring practices, they probably need it in their possession to verify the legitimacy of their payroll. Individual teachers questioned by the police need the residence permit in their passport.

Even a Chinese passport is the possession of the state, so I expect that this document has the same status.

Foxy - 2016-12-15
FEC

A simple question that I can't seem to get a straight answer to.

FEC (Foreign Expert's Certificate). Who does it BELONG to; the FT or the school that obtains it?

Does the FT have the right to a copy of it in the event that the school wants to hold onto it?

Even the FEB can't seem to give me a straight answer.

Return to Index › FEC

Go to another board -