TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re More American lies about the English
#1 Parent caring - 2016-12-16
Re More American lies about the English

Many people around the world lie, especially nations' powers out of which aside politicians is the media. Entertainment is a multibillion dollar industry that follows the money and feelings of people who act and who pay. Mel Gibson himself does not represent any country but his producers and himself just like Hugh Grant or Pearce Brosnan do.

I agree that more American than any other nation's movie producers are guilty of spreading fallacies, but I feel it's incorrect to point to actors that only are tools for the monsters. When actors such as Clint Eastwood for instance frighten viewers with their managerial roles, they should be looked at closer than their stars who often get well compensated.

Ironically, the British colonial history may have something to do with what you're suggesting, and so portraying the nation negatively caters to the market. The cynical Yankee films that depict the heroic deeds of their soldiers around the world suck big time too.

As for "America utilising" its movie industry, I'd say they're following the money which may not be for their British counterpart the same. Perhaps, the local market in the US vs in the UK or EU may be uncomparable to kick off a fine movie but I'll leave that up to you to judge.

America likes to let loose its vicious anti-British propaganda by utilising the American film industry
Return to Index › Re More American lies about the English

Go to another board -