TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Re Final results: Hillary got 2,865,075 votes more than him
#1 Parent Curious - 2016-12-22
Re: Re Final results: Hillary got 2,865,075 votes more than him

We believe in whatever democracy we have because that's all we have, so we accept the results of the electoral college. It's hard to take but trump is going to be the president.

I have nothing against his wife; she is certainly beautiful; she will certainly decorate the White House but I read that she won't move there in January, she will stay in New York for a while. I think the first lady of the white house is going to be trump's daughter Ivanka who seems not to bad (she is the one who brought Al Gore to the trump tower to meet her father a few weeks ago)

Can the electoral college be changed? The people in power love it because it put them in power. Trump used to hate it (it is documented) but now he loves it.

To change the electoral college requires an amendment to the constitution: If I remember well, any change to the constitution requires: 2/3 of the House, 2/3 of the Senate + 3/4 of the 50 states. Good luck with that!

I think that in the last 150 years, there were over 100 attempts to change the electoral college. None worked.

The solution, for us Liberals, is to work better on the rural areas (they are the ones who voted for trump), and to bring more Liberals to vote.

Return to Index › Re: Re Final results: Hillary got 2,865,075 votes more than him

Go to another board -