TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › troll nourishment
#1 Parent heretosay - 2016-12-31
Re: Re troll nourishment

Hmm. I'd say a couple of them are borderline, but that's just to give the Toddler a little breathing room and perhaps room for improvement........

Tune in next week for a special on pathological liars and how online forums are the perfect venue for their hogwash.

#2 Parent Foxy - 2016-12-31

Seems Pigsy got all 8, lol.

#3 Parent Fifi - 2016-12-30

Yeah!!!

#4 Parent heretosay - 2016-12-30

Well, then you're okay. If you had gotten five or more, that would be worrisome.

#5 Parent Fifi - 2016-12-30

I got 4.

#6 Parent heretosay - 2016-12-30
Re troll nourishment

Point well taken. I've got my own zone, but doubt if I could label it so precisely or poetically. Especially impressive in that your strong suit, as you say - or so I inferred, is academic research writing.

And speaking of research, also impressive (for lack of a better word - hmm, maybe depressing or something like that).

In light of that, and in the same context, you may find the following to be interesting if not poignant:

Symptoms of Histrionic Personality Disorder

A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

Is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention

Interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior

Displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions

Consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to themselves

Has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail

Shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion

Is highly suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances

Considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

Steve Bressert, Ph.D.

An awesome 2017 to you!

Trump diplomacy - 2016-12-30
troll nourishment

My New Year's resolutions include the creation of a personal conceptual troll-free zone.

This forum has two members that produce 37% of all posts, 65% of all pictures, 89% of all nonsense and 100% of all racist and misogynistic commentary.
Their hunger for attention, feelings of inadequacy and empty lives are apparently ameliorated by inciting responses, regardless of content.

Please do not misconstrue my refusal to feed them as uncaring. By refraining from engaging them, I hope to enable them to periodically remove their hands from the keyboard to cook for their children, clean their mom's attic room, perhaps even bathe.

A peaceful, loving and joyful 2017 to all.

Return to Index › troll nourishment

Go to another board -