TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Re "Success"
#1 Parent Foxy - 2017-01-04
Re: Re "Success"

Thanks, Arthur. 'Shit happens', right?

I was bitter for a while, but there's no pockets in shrouds, mate.

When life deals you 'lemons', make 'lemonade'. When you lose all your money, just go out and make some more. It's not difficult.

#2 Parent Arthur - 2017-01-03

Sorry for your lot, man

#3 Parent Foxy - 2017-01-03

It helps if you want to do big things to help others without fundraising. If you have 50,000
dollars in capital to start a communal farm in a poor country for example that beats the
hell out of borrowing it or having cake stalls and charity BBQ's.

Just like it's better for a developer to build a tower using their own pent up capital
instead of borrowing the funds.

Rubbish! There are many ways of leveraging capital if you know the 'secrets'. I did a small (25-lot) land development in Perth without using a single cent of my own money, and no bank money either. Made a 'nice little earner' of $2.2 million which I later lost in my divorce settlement.

Further proof that all men pay for sex, it's just the billing method that varies. In my case, 25 years of marriage amassed a big one!

Am I 'bitter'? Not at all....

I sincerely hope the f*ckin slut chokes on every penny, lol.

By the way, I posted this before (I think), about an ageing mate of mine who spent AUD$10,000 opening a bug-farm in the north of Thailand in a rural area. It provides protein for about 200,000 people; doesn't make a 'profit', as such, but covers its running costs.

It was his way of doing something 'good', with the few quid that he had, and rewarding a selfless Thai lady (who had nothing) for helping him in a time of need.

The full story would bring tears to a glass eye!

Another example of 'success', IMHO.

Return to Index › Re: Re "Success"

Go to another board -