TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: home cooked
#1 Parent Foxy - 2017-01-05
Re: home cooked

Don't know if you have a daughter, Foxy, but if you do, you do not want her to end up in the
street after the marriage fails, right.

Yes, I do. She also has two daughters.

When I first met my ex-wife, we rented a house together until such time as we had saved up enough money to put a deposit down on our own place. We bought it ourselves with no help from our parents.

When it was my daughter's turn, we paid the deposit on her house, she got the mortgage, and she makes the payments every month.

When I was young, my father was constantly trying to teach me 'the value of money' - a phrase that I didn't understand for a very long time.

Once the proverbial 'penny' dropped, (no pun intended), I knew exactly what he was trying to teach me, and when my kids came along, I was able to teach them the same thing.

Young people in China, who get handed everything on a 'plate', have no idea as the true 'value-of-money'. One young person I know, who earns RMB4000 per month, makes RMB5000 monthly payments on her car (with Daddy's help). Why? Because she just HAD to have the particular car she wanted, rather than buy a cheaper one within her means.

Perfect case on highlighting Pigsy's attitude towards Chinese women - though I seriously doubt this is unique to China. Thailand has its fair share of money-grabbing women who also have no idea as to the 'value-of-money'.

#2 Parent BeenThere - 2017-01-04

Don't know if you have a daughter, Foxy, but if you do, you do not want her to end up in the street after the marriage fails, right.

Taffy, what is your take about that for your own daughter, if we were 20 years from now?

#3 Parent Foxy - 2017-01-04

Oh, yes, it's always the responsibility of men. What about the women's responsibility? You
never thought about that that did you!

Putting words in my mouth again, Pigsy? I'd be the first to agree that women who go out on 'the batter' should make sure they are taking some kind of birth control, however, YOU were the one bragging about there being '4 or 5 little SB's' after a weekend in Pattaya, etc. I suppose you could always ask the girls IF they are 'on-the-pill' etc, and of course, they are going to tell you the truth because they are such loving, honest, wonderful people, right?

I'll bet you bought a house for your Chinese wife.

Haha...further proof that you know NOTHING, my friend !

You may or may not know this, but the notion of 'the man buys the house for the woman' actually often comes from the woman's parents, rather than the woman herself. If a man can't buy a house, then she shouldn't marry him - at least according to the parents.

A young Chinese couple that I know, who are to marry soon, are a good example. HIS parents are quite rich and live in a big house that has plenty of room for HER to move in with the family. She is quite happy with this idea/arrangement. However, HER mother has insisted that HE buy a house, whether they live in it or not, but since the guy is quite young and has no money, HIS parents have had to fork-out RMB2 million on an apartment for them both. Had this not happened, HER mother would have forbidden her daughter to marry this guy.

Just another example of interfering parents in China. We see it as being 'pathetic'; they see it as being 'the norm'.

Return to Index › Re: home cooked

Go to another board -