TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › problem
#1 Parent Alternative advice - 2017-01-06
Other options

Telluride Colorado is considered the sex-change capital of the U.S. I'd suggest getting a consultation for your son there before running off to wild and woolly Thailand. Just sayin'.

#2 Parent Foxy - 2017-01-05
Re problem

My 16 year old son is considering a sex change operation and moving to Thailand for both the
procedure and possible employment. As a parent I'm conflicted. Advice?

There is an awesome documentary series that's simply called 'Ladyboys'. I've mentioned it here before and stated that in my opinion it's a MUST WATCH!

It highlights both the 'good and bad' sides, but in particular, the fact that this is a one-time operation and is NOT reversible. Many Thai boys, who have essentially grown up as a 'ladyboy', saved hard for years in order to have this operation and given it lots of thought and consideration, often go into deep depression, even suicide, during the years that follow.

I strongly recommend you find this series and watch it. More importantly, get your son to watch it.

#3 Parent Curious - 2017-01-05
Re: problem

I am speechless. I just want to express my support to you.
16 years old: So young for such drastic changes. Too young in my opinion. Way too young (I remember with horror who I was at 16 :o).
Is there anything that could delay the implementation of his plan like studying art in Italy for one year?
Or doing one year of high school in Paris or London????

Trump diplomacy - 2017-01-05
problem

My 16 year old son is considering a sex change operation and moving to Thailand for both the procedure and possible employment. As a parent I'm conflicted. Advice?

Return to Index › problem

Go to another board -