TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Acutally, I never took that Psych 110 class, Fishyboy - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent AMonk - 2006-11-11
Raoul's Hangout - Teachers Discussion

You will find him at the Saloon. (raoulschinasaloon.com)

#2 Parent Yingwen Laoshi - 2006-11-10
Hi Rheno!- still here! - Teachers Discussion

Hi Rheno,

I'm still in the 'big C'. Not making much really, but the main thing is that I'm enjoying what I'm doing. When, or if the day comes whan I stop enjoying it, just like yourself, I'll be flying back on a big metal bird to the old country to make some real cash for the future, too. I do try to save here, but of course it's a struggle.

Still admire your straigtforwardness. Have to agree with your "dealing with reality (sic)" comment. To be honest I find myself sliping into dreamworld mode myself, sometimes, and have to keep reminding myself to take reality checks.

Glad to hear you're happily making some decent money now Rhen'. While you're gulping down that champagne and caviar don't forget about the likes of old 'Ying' still over here living on rice and noodles, while being paid subsistence salaries. ;)

Keep cool.

Ying

#3 Parent RhenoUSA - 2006-11-07
Acutally, I never took that Psych 110 class, Fishyboy - Teachers Discussion

Hey, Fishy. Glad you finally replied to my message.

Let me take a few seconds before my time is up here in the library to post a few other thoughts.

No, I don't consider myself a racist. I just consider myself someone who won't be a flowerpot at Wal-Mart in about 35 years. I'm once again making some real money (I'm not in ESL, obviously), so I'm socking some away NOW to keep myself out of that hole later. Nothing racist about that, or at least I hope there isn't.

I never took any psychology classes in college. I took classes like C++, calculus, differential equations, statics, dynamics. Interesting stuff, in other words. I left the psych to the dreamers, as I don't live in a dreamworld myself. I live in reality. A reality that whispers "hey, dumbass Rheno--you'd better SAVE today or you're gonna be a Wal-Mart greeter subsisting on catfood later."

No thanks. Give me that high salary TODAY.

One other note: where has everybody gone? Raoul? DB? Ying? You guys still alive?

Return to Index › Acutally, I never took that Psych 110 class, Fishyboy - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -