TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Echo English
#1 Parent Trump diplomacy - 2017-02-01
Re Echo English

The signed contract is meaningless. It is not actually signed (stamped Chinese style) until you arrive and sometimes not until your residency permit is approved.

If you actually have a 'Z' visa though, you have been entered into the system as receiving the visa in the name of the school that sponsored the visa.

In that case you need to send a letter TO THE SCHOOL (not the recruiter) saying you are not able to travel to China now because ___________ (enter a lie to give them some face; lies about family crises work best). Ask them to please forward you a 'release letter'.

This will work for any position starting in August/September. You will not be able to get another Z visa until the release is made by the school, so you are unable to work 'legally' for the current semester.

If your visa is a tourist or business visa, you would have been working illegally anyway. If that is the case, you can immediately choose another employer that provides you a Z visa. The L or F visa will be cancelled by the Embassy/consulate when they process the Z visa.

Lee - 2017-02-01
Echo English

This is so crazy. Im due to leave for chine in a few days and i came across the worst reviews ever about Echo English. I havent bought my ticket Ive been trying to see if a cheaper one would be available.

Now im thinking of not even going anymore. I have a signed contract and visa already done. Does anyone know what sort of trouble I might get into by not actually going to china.

I have the bare minimum amount with me and now I see such horrible reviews. I dont think its worth it anymore.

Return to Index › Echo English

Go to another board -