TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Daikon backlash
#1 Parent Fifi - 2017-02-07
Re: schadenfreude

Ouch.....

TD, Taffy's little girl looks happy. Sausage dinner apart, I get the feeling that he is a good father. And we don't know about his Chinese wife: He might be a good father. For sure, he is not the macho type because he is a dad at home; his wife works and travels for her work: I find that admirable.

#2 Parent Trump diplomacy - 2017-02-07
schadenfreude

found these nut cases to
be quite contemptuous while at the same time pitying them for their immaturity

Our two resident nut cases are of distinctly different botanical categories.

pigD is frozen in adolescence. If he had managed to actually remain in high school, he would be President Emeritus of the glee club and annually voted Prom King.

Daffy is an entirely different nut, a legume, indigestible, useful only as forage or fertilizer.

To his credit, pigD is a happy human being, no small feat in today's world, especially when one is psychically frozen in Disco Fever.

Daffy embodies the process of human decay, exuding sadness and loathing like the fumes and spores from toxic mulch. His only joy is to facilitate the sadness of others.

#3 Parent Hannibal Animalis - 2017-02-06
Re Daikon backlash

Let's hope that women will put them in their place.

But I do feel fortunate that I grew up with a twin sister and an older sister - both very intelligent, compassionate and independent women who would have found these nut cases to be quite contemptuous while at the same time pitying them for their immaturity. .
#4 Parent Foxy - 2017-02-04
Re Daikon backlash

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. Can't remember who said it first, but it's always good for an excuse.

heretosay - 2017-02-04
Daikon backlash

They seem to suffer from an overproduction of testosterone in their bodies. They should seek
medication to keep it in balance instead of telling the rest of the world that is not
interested in it anyway.

Quite so, Hannibal.

I'm not sure what the psychology is behind grown men exhibiting the snickering, giggling behavior about sexual matters that should be put aside when they gain maturity, but I quite agree that most of us find it uninteresting on one level and pathetic on another.

What I am sure of is that those who cannot refrain from such immature behavior diminish the value of whatever positive input they may wish to be credited for. Moreover, as men with values and behavior that differ from these kinds of men, we must still bear the burden of their objectionable behavior simply because we are of the same gender.

But, hey, maybe that's just me and a few others that feel that way. I definitely can't speak for all males, let alone the men in this forum who aren't snickering school boys. But I do feel fortunate that I grew up with a twin sister and an older sister - both very intelligent, compassionate and independent women who would have found these nut cases to be quite contemptuous while at the same time pitying them for their immaturity. .

"Most people grow old, but not everybody grows up."
Nishan Panwar

Return to Index › Daikon backlash

Go to another board -