TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Suzhou Industrial Park Foreign Language School
#1 Parent Simon - 2017-02-07
Re Suzhou Industrial Park Foreign Language School

Great post! I'm glad you loved teaching there.

You can always re-sign there after you've earned your master's! And of course your salary will be increased substantially because of your second degree!

Yes, teaching kindergarten IS hard work, but extremely well-paid in China for foreign teachers.

#2 Parent Trump diplomacy - 2017-02-07

I got to know the Principal because he was really interested in
making the English program better and he would check personally in each one of us, which
I thought it was really neat.

I'm transitioning to my masters now.

Neat. Industrial Park Foreign Language is aptly named.

#3 Parent Mimi - 2017-02-07

Hey so I actually taught there for a semester and I loved it. The principal was super attentive and the environment there specially with my Chinese co-workers was really good. I did work in the kindergarten area where there are hard hours and is not an easy job, but the pay is really good. I also had the opportunity to spend time with foreigner co-workers which were actually pretty nice. I shared an office with them so they shared their schedule. They have a really good deal because their job wasn't as tiring as mine, and it was not hard. I got to know the Principal because he was really interested in making the English program better and he would check personally in each one of us, which I thought it was really neat. The parents were very nice and try to help out with their kids if anything was going on. I totally recommend it, I wish I could have stay longer in Suzhou and work with them, but I'm transitioning to my masters now.

I would say go for it!

Cilchimera - 2015-11-07
Suzhou Industrial Park Foreign Language School

Hello -

So, something may have been posted about this school before, but it is a little confusing as there are several international schools with very similar names with many reviews all over the web.

The position I have been offered is with Suzhou Industrial Park Foreign Language School (SIPFLS), and they are a private international-style (mostly Chinese students, but uses an IB/international curriculum) in the Wuzhong area of Industrial Park. There is also a school called "Suzhou International Foreign Language School" in Xiangcheng and also apparently just a "Suzhou Foreign Language School". Confusing.

Anyway, I am currently in Japan and wanting to move to China to continue teaching English, and SIPFLS has offered me an attractive package that I think I want to accept. Apparently, this school has about 40 other foreign teachers working there currently. Can anyone provide any insight into this particular school? Any experience that you've had would be super helpful to me. Thanks!

Return to Index › Suzhou Industrial Park Foreign Language School

Go to another board -