TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Resistance: Wells Fargo kicked out of Seattle
#1 Parent Fifi - 2017-02-08
"If You've Got Nothing Worth Dying For, You've Got Nothing Worth Living For"

I heard a version of it in a movie tonight and googled it. It's from Martin Luther King. Isn't it beautiful?

Let's demonstrate against the Dakota Pipeline!!!

#2 Parent Curious - 2017-02-08
Resistance: Al Qaeda leader in Arabia calls trump the new fool of the White House

I never thought I would one day have any feeling in common with Al Qaeda, but I loved to read the following:

"Days after a raid on an al Qaeda compound in Yemen led to the first US military combat death under Donald Trump, the leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula released an audio message taunting the new American President.

In an 11-minute recording, AQAP leader Qassim al-Rimi condemned the January 29 raid, saying, "The new fool of the White House received a painful slap across his face."

BeenThere - 2017-02-08
Resistance: Wells Fargo kicked out of Seattle

Just read a wonderful news: The City Council of Seattle today voted to cut its decades-long links to Wells Fargo (to our readers out of America: Wells Fargo is a big American bank that was recently found guilty of defrauding thousands of its customers by opening fake/unauthorized bank accounts in their names without their knowledge).

The reason: Wells Fargo is an investor in the Dakota Access Pipeline that the native Indians of North Dakota oppose to be continued on their land. You will remember that - after massive demonstrations joined by celebrities and US veterans - President Obama stopped this project last December, but trump (I also refuse to capitalize) re-started it as soon as he took office.

It's going to be interesting.

Return to Index › Resistance: Wells Fargo kicked out of Seattle

Go to another board -