TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Trump and the plumbers from France
#1 Parent Fifi - 2017-02-11
Re: Re Trump and the plumbers from France

Oh yes!!!

"Losing" the dinosaurs would be a plus for this Forum.

This forum should be about learning from each other. But there are some types here who TOTALLY refuse to learn. Learning requires humility. Instead they use aggression to keep learning and humility at bay, and they reinforce their dinosauresque essence by repeating the same idiotic sentences like robots. Or like the writer played by Jack Nicholson in the movie The Shining where his wife discovers with horror that he had been writing the same sentence thousands of time while pretending to be writing a book.

The times we are going through require a strong mind because of fake news, because of attempts at curtailing freedom of expression, and because the mass appeal of authoritarianism (where the leader pretends to take the responsibility so that the others can follow him with peace of mind) generates some serious attraction for the nostalgic ones who see their glory firmly grounded in the past but no longer in the present or in the future.

So, let's resist. Let's keep learning. Let's get stronger. Let's unite. Let's prevail.

#2 Parent Curious - 2017-02-11

Should this Forum change?

#3 Parent Trump diplomacy - 2017-02-11

It feels good to know that there are people who understand the urgency and the seriousness of
the situation.

There are some.

But there are two others whose pitiful hunger for the plaintive sound of their own daffy nonsense drowns out reasonable discourse.

#4 Parent BeenThere - 2017-02-11

It feels good to know that there are people who understand the urgency and the seriousness of the situation.

#5 Parent Curious - 2017-02-11

I am proud of Washington too

#6 Parent heretosay - 2017-02-11

Perhaps in this case the question really is the answer. The fact that so many people are asking this question highlights not only the sense of urgency in the context of not feeling comfortable with the unknowns associated with the Trump White House, but also demonstrates that more and more people are being drawn into an awareness that we are all part of this process.

I've said before that I'm fairly apolitical but, even so, I still feel the tension from others and so, though I'd rather just let water find it's own level in this incredibly complex world, I can't completely avoid the issue of Trump. Well, more to the point, I can't avoid the potential of my basic freedoms being trampled.

I believe that Civil Disobedience will become more of the norm. I also see that sanctuary cities are making a stand, as are certain states. I'm proud to be from Washington State. I also believe that most Americans are generally kind hearted people and that such kind heartedness will manifest itself in many ways that will run counter to the madness that is our executive branch right now.

So, yes, unless we are asking the questions we are getting absolutely nowhere. Fortunately, questions don't always need answers. Their purpose may be only to move us forward - maybe even toward grand ideas or solutions that we hadn't imagined before. And wouldn't that be awesome if something good and maybe even fantastic happened not because of Trumpism but as a reaction to Trumpism.

#7 Parent BeenThere - 2017-02-10

Seriously: What can we do about trump?

#8 Parent heretosay - 2017-02-10
Re Trump and the plumbers from France

It's possible, judging from most of his posts, that there is actually something wrong with his brain. Perhaps it's wooden.........Willie Woodenbrain..

Return to Index › Re Trump and the plumbers from France

Go to another board -