TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Asian beaches
#1 Parent Wu - 2017-02-17
Re: Re Asian beaches

chinese beach always clean

Like my son say: what you say is FAKE NEWS!!!

#2 Parent Trump diplomacy - 2017-02-15

Hainan offers visa-free travel for one week for citizens of many countries. Interestingly, the U.S. is not one of those countries.

Sanya has become Hawaii for Russians, with many direct flights daily.

Hainan's beaches are the best in China, but they are not world-class. Water quality is variable, almost all coral is now gone, and development has given most beaches a 'Miami Beach' skyline.

#3 Parent Simon - 2017-02-15

I dunno if you are aware that Chinese citizens can book short tours to two South Korean islands as part of a tour group. Included in the holiday package is a one-way sea cruise sailing from Shanghai Port, and returning to Shanghai by air. They need their Chinese passports. No South Korean visas are required, and their passports are therefore only inspected, and are not stamped. The main island is Jeju. The picture is of its sandy beach

China's Hainan Island could develop its tourism by adopting such a system to attract more western tourists.

Just a thought!

#4 Parent Trump diplomacy - 2017-02-15

I too am shocked by Chinese beaches.

But it must be remembered that the Chinese have never had a 'beach culture'. Twelve years ago in Sanya, Chinese tourists walked with their sun umbrellas and full body swimsuits while Russians in bikinis laughed at them. Chinese revere mountains, not sand.

Today the younger generation has some interest in the beach, but they too have never experienced the glorious beaches of Australia, California, Florida, the Caribbean and other Pacific Islands.

It is difficult to love something you have never known. As Chinese travel the world, I suspect that their taste and respect for beaches will improve. Unfortunately, by that time development will have minimized the number of beach frontage in China.

#5 Parent In The Know - 2017-02-14
Re Asian beaches

TCM Professors are known to be dirty people and to teach and practice in filthy rooms.
So was it you who messed up that beach?

#6 Parent Arthur - 2017-02-14

Totally disgusting.

It's good you write about it because the more this topic becomes widely known, each writer doing their little contribution to the cause, the more the Chinese will hear about it.

It's like people who pollute their air with coal and fuel fumes. The UK and America were gross offenders not long ago. Now we are learning that air has to be clean. It takes time.

And with the new administration in the US, things will revert a little and people will unlearn a little instead of learning more. I was just reading that the previous conservative Harper government of Canada (the same shit as the Republicans in the US), the people in power in Canada before Trudeau, were bullying the scientists so much that the scientists could not publish, could not keep their scientific libraries, could not give talks, could not even attend conferences if their ideas, mostly about the environment and public health, were against the platform of the conservative (big-business) party. I can understand that it was like that in the Middle Ages but, man, the Renaissance happened 500 years ago..... All that to say: Thank you for your post. It helps.

#7 Parent ProfessorTCM - 2017-02-14
Re Asian beaches

It's something I still can't get past - the utter contempt for nature and homeland.

We once took a trip to the South China Sea (or a Bay i suppose) in and around Qinzhou and while the main tourist-serving beach was fairly tidy and clean the 'people's beaches' were just disgusting. Firepits strewn with bottles and lots of broken bottles. You'd literally bleed to death if you didn't wear solid soled shoes packaging, plastic, every kind of wrapper or cans. Rotten food was everywhere. Whatever leftovers or bones or unwanted beach snacks were just rotting away in the sun.

This doesn't get to what was washing up on shore. I won't blame the beachgoers for what looked to be shipping container accidents, shampoo bottles, make-up, all kinds of bottles (some full or half full of products).

But the beaches were absolutely disgusting and add to that you'd see kids shitting or pissing and then of course locals loudly spitting phlegm anywhere they pleased. Flicked cigarette butts were easily the very least of offenses.

What kind of contempt is required for people to treat their own land and scenery like that? What kind of shitty hatred is needed? Is there even a point where you have to ask if they could be brain damaged?

Even a dog was seen taking a dump and knew to go to the tree line AND then tried to bury his dog poop afterwards, as if a bit embarrassed to dirty the place up. A dog knew that much.

Return to Index › Re Asian beaches

Go to another board -