TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › a loss
#1 Parent Simon - 2017-02-19
Re a loss

I will be sorry to see T's departure from ESLTB if that has indeed happened.

Anyway, I hope if he chooses to return, he will do so as a non-cherrypicker and without a tarred brush, and not coming across as a visa-law lackey!

#2 Parent heretosay - 2017-02-19
Re a loss

Well said. FTinPRC

Enjoy, Turnoi, your time away from the forum. I'm sure you'll find a positive use for your time that will no doubt benefit others and bring you a great deal of satisfaction as well.

FTinPRC - 2017-02-19
a loss

I am not aware as to why Turnoi and his contributions to this site are now gone. Apparently he requested that his posts be removed.

I believe it is important to acknowledge his efforts on this site to provide materials to assist with the study of the Chinese language.

Personally, I will miss his well-balanced commentary on the People's Republic of China. He had many criticism for the Chinese educational system, but always expressed an affection for the people of China. Few foreigners that live in China make the effort to understand rather than to judge.

Projecting the flaws of any country's institutions onto the citizens is sloppy thinking and feeds intolerance.

As a citizen of the U.S., I am particularly sensitive to being identified as a product of my nation's corrupt administrations.

All the best in your future endeavors, Professor.

Return to Index › a loss

Go to another board -