TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re "Do These 10 Things, And Trump Will Be Toast"
#1 Parent caring - 2017-02-26
Re: Re "Do These 10 Things, And Trump Will Be Toast"

"Agent Orange" or Hitler he's; he share plenty similarities for his actions, background and likes of the nation from which Stalin came from too. Mind you Hitler and Stalin weren't such enemies prior to WWII at all. Anyway, this is one of the scary reasons why Donald may one day grill himself to oblivion which I just hope won't affect the other 7 billion people aside his "beautiful family". Oh, sharing the same bed with Saudis makes sense, since this is the nation where so much American weaponry goes to. Fighting Iran, the second largest economy in the region, can only be sustained with some dirty work in bed with the devil. The problem, however, is that Donald sleeps with Vlad who swings with Iranians for his reasons. The Russian bear is a much better political whore than the big mouth White House clown is which is about to become a major liability issue soon to be seen.

#2 Parent BeenThere - 2017-02-25

"Brits, Saudis, Isrealis and Japs": True he met at the WH, right after inauguration, the Brits, Isrealis and Japs. Makes sense.

I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait for his fall (it's not a personal thing against his ugly little lips, it's the future of an inclusive, liberal and connected world that I care about). BUT summer 2015, I swore that he would not reach November. Then I swore that he would not reach the nomination. Then I hoped that he would not be elected and things were looking good until James Comey's letter. And he got elected. So, since Nov 8, I don't predict anything anymore.

Bill Maher had a really good joke last week: He said that trump looks like he is an agent of the Kremlin, where they call him "Agent Orange".

#3 Parent caring - 2017-02-25

Thank you for understanding. And, I've just posted something that's not on yet about how dangerous the times are with all the weaponry made in US sold to Brits, Saudis, Isrealis and Japs. The White House has made tons of money out of the arms sales to those nations. However Donald's well aware of those diplomatic relations as he's quickly met some of the right people, the eccentric man's unable to see the whole picture which will eventually result in his fall (hopefully his own only).

#4 Parent Curious - 2017-02-25

Hello Caring. Your posts are always interesting.

I have to better understand "troll" in the new political reality of the US and of Europe.

Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll describes a troll as follows:

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement.

But I think that America, and the UK, are so firmly divided that for a liberal to read what a conservative/misogynist/xenophobe thinks about almost any topic is like reading a troll: Liberals can't stand conservatives; conservatives stink! And vice versa from what I read online. And that's perfectly OK with me although I am aware that because of the division we are all going to hell; I have always considered myself a pacifist but since the election, I want political war! No more communication!

I responded to the posts of some of the old timers on this board during the 3-4 months following the US election (the old fellows seem to have gone, which is OK with me): They are deeply conservative/brexits/trumpists/misogynists. It's deep, it's not superficial. For example I observed the poster called Fifi trying to "convert" Silverboy: Impossible. He would accept a few things, he would roll with a few punches, or he would submit to charm for a day, but he would always return to his misogynist and anti-immigrant core. With a rage. Like an elastic band that has been stretched to the max: FLAK!!!. The other 2-3 old fellows would not even move an inch, charm or no charm. For me, almost everything they used to write here corresponded to the above definition of a troll.

And the reciprocal is true: I just saw a reply from Taffy to Fifi at http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.pl?read=129813 where he repeats that he is not interested in modern ideas (I am over simplifying things here for the sake of brevity).

So, my point is that in America for sure (and I would assume in the UK as well), half of the population is a troll to the other half.

The poor FTinPRC (ex Trump Diplomacy, thank you so much for the change of handle) wrote a few days ago that she/he (I strongly suspect that FT is a she) currently reads trumpist online publications like Breitbart ONE HOUR A DAY in order to understand how they think! But, still, he/she can't understand.

There is a barrier that splits most of the West in half, and communication no longer passes through the barrier because, for example, of fake news, allegations of fake news (trump yesterday said that it is the NYT and CNN that create the fake news!!!), and the troll label for example. Are we now in the same emotional communication boycott as Israel and the Palestine? India/Pakistan? Sikhs/Hindus? The Irish seem to hate each other less now than a few decades ago: Does it mean there is hope, in the short term (less than a generation) for the emotional divide of the West to mend a little, or is it going to keep increasing? What's your vision of the divide? Or can only the election of 2020 tell us?

#5 Parent caring - 2017-02-25
Re "Do These 10 Things, And Trump Will Be Toast"

Why lament the loss of trolls when topic is to be followed? You aren't one of them, are you?

What we need is somebody like Migsy to return and try and fill that large gap created by SB and Turnoi leaving.
Return to Index › Re "Do These 10 Things, And Trump Will Be Toast"

Go to another board -