TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › shooting in San Diego
#1 Parent Fifi - 2017-05-01
Re: shooting in San Diego

Yes, SD has a lot of military bases; they basically protect the West coast of the US.

SD is a very nice city. Even the bases, in SD, are beautiful: View on the Pacific Ocean all around.

#2 Parent Silverboy - 2017-05-01

Ok, glad to know you are safe. Yes, the whole incident is very strange. It is sad someone died, did not know this till now. My sister lived in San Diego a long time ago, near a naval base there. Anyway, the story is very disturbing, you can just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, or the right time for the killer.

#3 Parent Fifi - 2017-05-01

In case you are interested in having a look at San Diego, this is the newspaper of San Diego, the San Diego Union Tribune (we call it the UT).

#4 Parent Fifi - 2017-05-01

Thanks for your care, SB. I am fine. Many years ago, I used to live in University City where the shooting happened, but am now in the Mission Valley area (near the Qualcomm Stadium).

This shooting is so weird. The shooter, Peter Selis, a white 50 year old caucasian, never left his chair near the swimming pool as he shot people. One woman is dead and 7 are injured. They were all people of color. Shooter was killed by police.

"When Peter walked up to the pool party, he was approached by the person who was celebrating their 50th birthday at the bash, according to a witness. “When he invited the suspect to join the celebration, the suspect lifted up his shirt, took out the gun and shot him in the stomach,” the witness tells NBC 7. “He continued shooting people until he was out of bullets.”

“You can either leave or you can stay here and die,” Peter told a group of young women who were helping a wounded friend, according to witnesses. Another witness added, “He had his beer in one hand and his gun in the other.”

He was a car mechanic at a Ford dealership that everybody knows in San Diego. 3 children. And a lot of debts.

The Police Chief of San Diego is a woman. She is very good.

San Diego is otherwise a calm and safe city. Half of the population work for the military.

Silverboy - 2017-05-01
shooting in San Diego

Fifi, I was watching the news earlier and it says there were seven people shot in San Diego, but nobody has been reported killed.

I hope you are not in this area.

Return to Index › shooting in San Diego

Go to another board -