TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Life mocks art
#1 Parent Silverboy - 2017-05-12
Re: Re Life mocks art

You can read a few without getting "stuck" in someone's thinking pattern. I read one book a few months ago by the famous gay Aussie music promoter and journalist Ian "Molly" Meldrum, who hosted "Countdown" for years.

Some hilarious stories in there. I like hearing stories from the life experience of eccentric people.

#2 Parent FTinPRC - 2017-05-12

I never read books cause I don't want to get stuck in
the thinking patterns of somebody else.

For the first 25 years of my life I consumed fiction. Then, in an attempt to find some 'safe space' to write my own fiction, I limited myself to reading only non-fiction.

Decades later, unsoiled by the style and substance of other fiction writers, my writing is shit.

#3 Parent Silverboy - 2017-05-12

Well, I'm not gonna buy her book either. She is a bit of an air head according to what I've heard.

I'm sure a conversation with a bar girl is more stimulating.

Apparently the book is full of quotes lifted from other writers and publications.

#4 Parent Curious - 2017-05-11

With one exception every 5 years or so, I never read books cause I don't want to get stuck in the thinking patterns of somebody else. For my own needs, my thinking is as good as anybody else and I prefer to get my info from reading a multitude of sources on the internet, real-time sources most of the time. I would certainly not read a book written by a trump. My time is too valuable for that.

#5 Parent Silverboy - 2017-05-11

That is quite interesting. Are you going to buy Ivanka Trump"s book "Women Who Work" ?? I was watching this being discussed on that American show "Full Frontal" with Samantha Bee last night.

#6 Parent Curious - 2017-05-11

SB: You will find Kislyak in the "Russian Ties" section of the graphic, first line.
Graphic, from Washington Post (link below), links the various players in the investigation of Russia's interference in the US electoral process 2016.

#7 Parent FTinPRC - 2017-05-11
Re Life mocks art

He is Russian ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak, known inside the beltway as Sergey NoNeck.

#8 Parent Silverboy - 2017-05-11
Re Life mocks art

Who is that bloke on the right? He would fit in quite well at the Soi 10/2 nd road beer bar complex in Pattaya I feel. Just need a pair of denim shorts, white T-shirt and cheap thongs. A Chang beer in hand.

It would be just the sight, hehe!

#9 Parent Curious - 2017-05-11
Re: Life mocks art

Saw this pic a few hours ago. It's horrible. It's raw. Makes me sick.

Obama's shirt has 3 buttons unbuttoned now.

FTinPRC - 2017-05-11
Life mocks art

Saturday Night Live pales in response to U.S. politics.
"Did you ever see Obama's short neckties?"

Return to Index › Life mocks art

Go to another board -