TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Amarapura Partners Co Ltd, Myanmar
#1 Parent Ex AP employee - 2017-05-19
Re Amarapura Partners Co Ltd, Myanmar

Join this company only if you are a sadist and care nothing about students or education. The owner is unscrupulous and grease oozes from his pores.

#2 Parent Hanna Mantle - 2016-11-12
Re Amarapura Partners Co Ltd

My name is Hanna Mantle and I have been the Director of Studies for Amarapura Partners in Mandalay, Myanmar since the beginning of October 2015.

A few points for clarification regarding this thread that spans several years now and several old issues:

* We currently have 5 foreign teachers but are hiring three more for a placement starting in the next few weeks which will then give us a total of 8 foreign teachers.

* We now have 2 training centres in Mandalay and have just opened a new centre in Nay Pyi Taw for corporate, business and management courses which are being managed by one of our foreign teachers.

* We have a long standing partnership with the Thu Rein Nan Private school in Mandalay where not only some of our foreign teachers work, but also some of our local teachers as well.

* We've successfully completed multiple corporate and business training courses including training the airport staff of Mandalay International airport and have contracts with Ooredoo and Telenor starting soon.

*** For more CURRENT information regarding this company, please direct your attention to the company website: www.amarapurapartners.com which details our most recent activities, staff members and has a link to our Facebook page.

Many thanks, Hanna Mantle Director of Studies, Amarapura Partners.

#3 Parent Concerned - 2016-02-14
Amarapura Partners Co Ltd

Neither Aaron nor Jo work for Amarapura Partners anymore.

Both left on bad terms with the owner of the company.

#4 Parent Ninja Olympics - 2015-07-26
Seriously Awesome

Jesse is awesome 'b*tch'. If you are going to use a fake name, that is a pretty awesome one to use. Who is that guy!?

I don't get what they have to make amends with? Lots of people don't like their jobs and leave or are fired everyday. That's why Heisenberg left his teaching job to do what he did? Isn't it?

#5 Parent Twice Shy - 2015-07-20
Foreign teachers and "Aaron Paul"

Aaron Paul? Really? The Aaron Paul the actor from Breaking Bad? That's a really unique name in that it could be two first names. Not much chance really that there's two Aaron Pauls in the world. Also you claim to have fourteen foreign teachers on staff. Great. Why don't THEY post some things regarding your new management. If you really want to move forward how about making amends with your former teachers first? You're as convincing as Saul Goodman. Later.

#6 Parent Sharp - 2015-07-15

Teaching jobs aren't about schools' management or the amount of colleagues teachers offices have but about what the work is about :) Opening windows to opportunities is great but to exploitation isn't. A "coordinating teacher", "Director of Studies" or a "webtise" may make little difference, if it comes to the roles of teachers in classrooms. Although governments can truly change the course in this respect, it does come down to how much they are willing to compromise on their values as well as how much the schools/educational institutions want to make vs how much they really want to teach. Honestly, I do not see this local government or its vision of education opening those windows at all; however, it's nice to see that some people like the ones who are posting here are knocking. Yet, the knocks seem to be so loud and desperate which with all due respect suggests you guys are in white meat advertising. :WINK)

#7 Parent Amarapura Partners - 2015-07-12

After a change in management; problems with liquidity have been solved. Schedules can still be an issue to some but since we are working with the government and our partner schools, we have to make adjustments from time to time. Every company will have disgruntled employees from time to time, but we are trying our best to make our teachers happy. If you are interested in a position in Mandalay please feel free to ask us for references from one of our dozen or so teachers who are satisfied or greatly satisfied with their positions with us.

#8 Parent Amarapura Partners - 2015-07-12

Hi,

I am Jo, the coordinating teacher of Amarapura Partners. I and our Director of Studies, Mr. Aaron Paul are now in charge of hiring teachers for the company. The management has been changed since April this year. We don't have website yet, but we do have Facebook page and company Facebook account. Please look up Amarapura Partners on Facebook for the Page. Our company account is Swe Sayar. You can see there activities we have had. We are operating a language center catering to students of various age groups and English skills. We also do TKT training for local English teachers and training Immigration Officials(You can see pictures on our Facebook account). We now have 14 foreign teachers and 2 more coming this month. As the company is expanding, we have more projects coming here in Mandalay and other regions so we do need more teachers.

#9 Parent chuck.S - 2015-04-19

There have been too many complaints to count with this "company."

Teachers, PLEASE beware. Myanmar is an amazing country and while there may not be a huge amount of job opportunities, DO NOT be a part of this "business"; it is not worth it under ANY circumstances. Newbies and veterans alike have either quit for VERY good reasons or lost their jobs for nothing. If you have been a victim of this "(dis)organization, please detail your grievances here on this forum. I know there are many of you out there...

asianomad - 2014-12-17
Amarapura Partners Co Ltd, Myanmar

I see that a company called Amarapura Partners co ltd are advertising for 10 teachers within the Mandalay area of Myanmar (Burma) with applications being sent to a man who's name is Richard Truitt.
Having searched the internet for further details of the company I can find no trace of them apart from duplicate advertisements on upwards of 15 "teaching vacancy" sites.
So what I would like to ask is:- Does anybody have any information of or experience with either the above mentioned company or person?

Thanks in advance.

Return to Index › Amarapura Partners Co Ltd, Myanmar

Go to another board -