TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Australian Publisher Delays Book Alleging China Influence in Australia
#1 Parent In the Know - 2018-03-29
Re: Re Australian Publisher Delays Book Alleging China Influence in Australia

A well-written reply! Congrats!

#2 Parent BeenThere - 2018-03-29

Yep!

#3 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

"A tad hypocritical" is a poster with plenty of messages that prove he's a sad example of human rights ambassador. Moreover, "a tad hypocritical" is when people from nations with colonial rules that sell democracies blindly deviate on the internet forums. None of the US presidents has ever been a native American (not even a VP except one) and I don't really think it's much different with the Australian PMs either. Last but not least, many indigenous tribes have suffered at the expense of British and American rulers and Diego Garcia island which isn't too far from the Australian coast is one crying example of utter disrespect for humanity. So, just as I've said you really are (and as it seems will always be on this forum) full of it.

#4 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Can you tell the board what's so "idiotic" about my post that you've replied to (so smartly)?

Another idiotic post from you. I don't work in any education. I m an MGTOW and retired.
I said "you're a clear cut of online education rather than the real one" and meant that you may have graduated from an online course or perhaps mill instead of a formal school that would groom you much better than that above.

As for a sea port in a Western country being leased to the Chinese this should never happen.
Australia that you claim to be from is in between South Pacific and Indian Ocean rather than the west; however, it truly is a developed nation that is linked with its political agenda to the UK and other western countries. This brings me to the freedom and human rights which I have suggested in my previous "idiotic" post (addressing you). But it seems that you have unilaterally decided to sanction all Chinese in Australia and perhaps everywhere else on Earth.

The Chinese can fuck off. Imagine if an American or Australian went to China and tried to lease or own a port there: they would be told very bluntly to piss off. The lease of the Port of Darwin was an idiotic decision allowed to happen by the Australian government. Obama was right to criticize this decision.
Aside the intelligent approach to communicating your ideas, the image you're suggesting is to look at. Even though you are correct that westerners can't purchase or lease large properties (especially near PLA complex), you miss on the fact that you're from a free land where things aren't done the way they are in PRC. Moreover, you put your alleged country in the same pot with the US which is quite distant across the oceans and different from your nation's geopolitical background. In some way, you should be proud being who you profess you're.

As for US marines and warships being in northern Australia, I agree with it. Australia and SE-Asia needs this for future security and stability.
I really don't think anyone doubts your feelings on this topic, so I don't suppose there's any need to further emphasize your opinion here. What's to be looked at is that whether the "future security and stability" in Australia and SE-Asia honestly depends on the USA or not.

You should stop being a lackey to the Chinese.
I am only trying to be objective which is what you appear to lack a little bit.

Anyway, I must focus on Pattaya now.
Please, do so as the forums strive without you but the Thai girls cannot.

Enjoy being stuck in China and having to teach IELTS to survive.
I like living not "being stuck" anywhere; and, I love my job which most certainly is NOT what you have read into somewhere on the board. Yet again, you demonstrate a poor online education.
#5 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Another idiotic post from you. I don't work in any education. I m an MGTOW and retired.

As for a sea port in a Western country being leased to the Chinese this should never happen.

The Chinese can fuck off. Imagine if an American or Australian went to China and tried to lease or own a port there: they would be told very bluntly to piss off. The lease of the Port of Darwin was an idiotic decision allowed to happen by the Australian government. Obama was right to criticize this decision.

As for US marines and warships being in northern Australia, I agree with it. Australia and SE-Asia needs this for future security and stability.

You should stop being a lackey to the Chinese.

Anyway, I must focus on Pattaya now.

Enjoy being stuck in China and having to teach IELTS to survive.

#6 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

You are living in and supporting a nation with one of the worst human rights records in the history of the world.

Makes your Trump and Western bashing seem a tad hypocritical.

Enjoy being stuck in China with a lazy and entitled Chinese wife.

I don't have such problems.

#7 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

You bash headlessly, know little about human rights; and, you lie.

I have criticized China many times on this forum in regard to human rights abuses. I was
never censored.

I doubt any of the moderators on here are pro-Beijing. Criticism of China is freely allowed
on here it seems.

#8 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

You're so full of it when attempting to criticize which is why you're a clear cut of online education rather than the real one.

However a major concern about the TPP is that it would give multi-national corporations even more power than they already have. The ability to
sue the governments ( taxpayers ) of sovereign nations.
Let me respond to your apparently best written attempt to offer any constructive criticizm here. There are a lot of "sovereign nations" out of which most are abusive in the world. Some of the most developed ones can't see beyond their economic needs, when they are making decisions. The, perhaps, most advanced one that has its people elect their government into the White House is quite incapable to deal with its own laws/constitution and its folks' rights and obligations as well as it is confused about how to cope with those other "sovereign nations" that also are full of corruption and injustice. What you should see is how powerless Americans are when it comes to their elections, displeasure with their or other nations' governments. Virtually anyone there can take advantage of the system as long as the money, connections and time are right which is what exactly Trump has done. Now, the WH and a few other nation's leaderships are above the laws just like the major banks will be once they decide not to give you any of your own money. Telling that Canadians, Brits or Aussies are so different than their Yankee counterparts you'd really have to inflate the rights of people in those countries. Anyhow, the wealthiest pay the most in taxes which is why they manipulate the system; the most developed nations contribute the greatest to the world economy which is why they fear for their "sovereignity" today, since China and Russia may turn the tables. Without multi-national corporations the advanced economies' their banks and leaderships have little to go on with but Chinese and Russians may not need them.

Counties like Australia are ramping up their military capability in response to the possibly future military threat posed by China.
Are you really sure what you're saying there?

Stupidly however the very important and strategic Port of Darwin was leased to a company connected with the Chinese government a few years back.
Having read your freedom and human rights speeches I find it difficult to decipher your claims of "stupidity" there. The land in free world can be sold to others unless they are criminals which I don't assume the Chinese there were.

On the other hand,

The former Obama administration was quite concerned about this this and very surprised for obvious reasons. They made their alarm over this quite clear. The US has thousands of Marines on rotation there and conducting joint military exercises with Australian troops. Plus US warships are regularly at Port of Darwin.

In regard to the Darwin Port sale Obama said "why would they ( Australia ) do that" ?? Or words to that effect. He was otherwise saying Australia was stupid for doing this. In that case I agree with Mr Obama's assessment.

I dare to question the Australian authorities for allowing the US military there. Do you think that Aussies, especially the true native ones, agreed with it? Please provide us with an appropriate "assessment" of that here!

In a nutshell, we're living in a filthy and dangerous world with, which I somehow agree with you on, multinational corporations dictating what we should or shouldn't do. Chinese and Russians are another breed (sorry for the wording fellow citizens of those nations) who may not be satisfied with the way they are looked at.

#9 Parent Anti-spy - 2018-03-29

You're welcome!

#10 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Thanx for the tip

#11 Parent Anti-spy - 2018-03-29

One thing you could do is using the free software from the tor project to hide your real IP:

#12 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Sorry I meant hacked, yes, by third parties; and, you may know about the pressure sites face on mainland China, since you've moderated.

You mean hijacked by third parties? Why do you say that?
#13 Parent surfer - 2018-03-29

The text below has been copied and pasted from:

https://chellaney.net/

A New Front in Asia’s Water War

For decades, China has been dragging its neighbors into high-stakes games of geopolitical poker over water-related issues. But the country’s politically motivated decision to withhold hydrological data from India amounts to an escalation of China’s efforts to exploit its status as the world’s hydro-hegemon to gain strategic leverage over its neighbors.

BRAHMA CHELLANEY, Project Syndicate

China has long regarded freshwater as a strategic weapon — one that the country’s leaders have no compunction about wielding to advance their foreign-policy goals. After years of using its chokehold on almost every major transnational river system in Asia to manipulate water flows themselves, China is now withholding data on upstream flows to put pressure on downstream countries, particularly India.

For decades, China has been dragging its neighbors into high-stakes games of geopolitical poker over water-related issues. Thanks to its forcible annexation of Tibet and other non-Han Chinese ethnic homelands — territories that comprise some 60% of its landmass — China is the world’s unrivaled hydro-hegemon. It is the source of cross-border riparian flows to more countries than any other state.

In recent years, China has worked hard to exploit that status to increase its leverage over its neighbors, relentlessly building upstream dams on international rivers. China is now home to more dams than the rest of the world combined, and the construction continues, leaving downstream neighbors — especially the vulnerable lower Mekong basin states, Nepal, and Kazakhstan — essentially at China’s mercy.

So far, China has refused to enter into a water-sharing treaty with a single country. It does, however, share some hydrological and meteorological data — essential to enable downstream countries to foresee and plan for floods, thereby protecting lives and reducing material losses.

Yet, this year, China decided to withhold such data from India, undermining the efficacy of India’s flood early-warning systems — during Asia’s summer monsoon season, no less. As a result, despite below-normal monsoon rains this year in India’s northeast, through which the Brahmaputra River flows after leaving Tibet and before entering Bangladesh, the region faced unprecedented flooding, with devastating consequences, especially in Assam state.

China’s decision to withhold crucial data is not only cruel; it also breaches the country’s international obligations. China is one of just three countries that voted against the 1997 United Nations Watercourse Convention, which called for the regular exchange of hydrological and other data between co-basin states. But China did enter into a five-year bilateral accord, which expires next year, requiring it to transfer to India hydrological and meteorological data daily from three Brahmaputra-monitoring stations in Tibet during the risky flood season, from May 15 to October 15. A similar agreement, reached in 2015, covers the Sutlej, another flood-prone river. Both accords arose after flash floods linked to suspected discharges from Chinese projects in Tibet repeatedly ravaged India’s Arunachal and Himachal states.

Unlike some other countries, which offer hydrological data to their downstream counterparts for free, China does so only for a price. (The Watercourse Convention would have required that no charges be levied, unless the data or information was “not readily available” — a rule that may also have contributed to China’s “no” vote.)

But it was a price India was willing to pay. And this year, as always, India sent the agreed amount. Yet it received no data, with the Chinese foreign ministry claiming after almost four months that upstream stations were being “upgraded” or “renovated.” That claim was spurious: China did supply data on the Brahmaputra to Bangladesh.

Three weeks earlier, the state-controlled newspaper Global Times offered a more plausible explanation for China’s failure to deliver the promised data to India: the data transfer had been intentionally halted, owing to India’s supposed infringement on Chinese territorial sovereignty in a dispute over the remote Himalayan region of Doklam. For much of the summer, that dispute took the form of a border standoff where Bhutan, Tibet, and the Indian state of Sikkim meet.

But even before the dispute flared in mid-June, China was seething over India’s boycott of its May 14-15 summit promoting the much-vaunted “Belt and Road” initiative. The denial of data apparently began as an attempt to punish India for condemning China’s massive, cross-border infrastructure agenda as an opaque, neocolonial enterprise. China’s desire to punish India was then reinforced by the Doklam standoff.

For China, it seems, international agreements stop being binding when they are no longer politically convenient. This reading is reinforced by China’s violations of its 1984 pact with the United Kingdom, under which China gained sovereignty over Hong Kong in 1997. China claims that the agreement, based on the formula “one country, two systems,” had lost “practical significance” over the last 20 years.

Were the roles reversed, a downstream China would have stridently accused an upstream India of exacerbating flood-related death and destruction by breaching its international obligations. But just as China has unilaterally and aggressively asserted its territorial and maritime claims in Asia, it is using the reengineering of cross-border riparian flows and denial of hydrological data to deepen its regional power.

In fact, China’s cutoff of water data, despite the likely impact on vulnerable civilian communities, sets a dangerous precedent of indifference to humanitarian considerations. It also highlights how China is fashioning unconventional tools of coercive diplomacy, whose instruments already range from informally boycotting goods from a targeted country to halting strategic exports (such as of rare-earth minerals) and suspending Chinese tourist travel.

Now, by seizing control over water — a resource vital to millions of lives and livelihoods — China can hold another country hostage without firing a single shot. In a water-stressed Asia, taming China’s hegemonic ambition is now the biggest strategic challenge.

#14 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Australian Publisher Delays Book Alleging China Influence in Australia

There are some people who will never bow or bend to the Chinese. Alan Jones ( 2GB Sydney talk radio big hitter ) , Dick Smith, Andrew Bolt, Pauline Hanson,
Ray Hadley, NOBODY will ever shut them down. Pauline Hanson warned about Islam years ago and also said "I don't want Australia to become Asianised" in 1997.

The former Australian senator and billionaire Clive Palmer openly criticized the Chinese government in August 2014 on "Q and A", ABC-TV.

He said the Chinese are "bastards", and that they "kill their own people" and "want to take over this country".

Almost straight away all the PC left-wing do-gooders were running around in a frenzy like chooks with their heads cut off.

The thing is, Clive Palmer was correct. The Chinese do torture and kill their own people on a daily basis. There is no freedom of speech or freedom of the press in China.

All media is tightly controlled and many of the people are brainwashed and no little of anything outside of China.

#15 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

You may be right to a certain extent. However a major concern about the TPP is that it would give multi-national corporations even more power than they already have. The ability to sue the governments ( taxpayers ) of sovereign nations.

Counties like Australia are ramping up their military capability in response to the possibly future military threat posed by China.

Stupidly however the very important and strategic Port of Darwin was leased to a company connected with the Chinese government a few years back.

The former Obama administration was quite concerned about this this and very surprised for obvious reasons. They made their alarm over this quite clear.
The US has thousands of Marines on rotation there and conducting joint military exercises with Australian troops. Plus US warships are regularly at Port of Darwin.

In regard to the Darwin Port sale Obama said "why would they ( Australia ) do that" ?? Or words to that effect. He was otherwise saying Australia was stupid for doing this. In that case I agree with Mr Obama's assessment.

#16 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I have criticized China many times on this forum in regard to human rights abuses. I was never censored.

I doubt any of the moderators on here are pro-Beijing. Criticism of China is freely allowed on here it seems.

#17 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Yes, he should. Nobody should ever feel intimidated by the Chinese. Fuck them!

#18 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

You mean hijacked by third parties? Why do you say that?

#19 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Fifi this is quite the truth. The board at this very moment is absolutely fantastic. Yet, I'm concerned my IP may either be hijacked or sold.

#20 Parent surfer - 2018-03-29

More bad news, this time concerning China's dirty payback tactics regarding its frontier dispute with India.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/latenightlive/water-and-security-in-india/9130404

#21 Parent BeenThere - 2018-03-29

Had to google AIIB: the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank that was created by China a few years ago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Infrastructure_Investment_Bank
I remember reading many articles to the effect that this development bank would increase China's power in the area.

What you wrote about the US is true, I never saw it that way, but it's obvious: After the war mostly, the US consolidated its power worldwide through organizations including the US dollar. Now China is doing it.

#22 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Aussie entry to AIIB may have been to blame for the acceleration of Chinese influences in the nation there. Such commitments come costly. When the western powers, for example, agreed with the US (somewhere near Boston) to use the US currency for international trade and peg the dollar against gold after the WWII, they all signed into a deal that has tied them to the American businesses, politics and even military. Anyhow, the IMF and World Bank do not assist every nation equally partly for political reasons which is why we have so many influences around currently, and then unilateral sanctions against some sovereign states does not help the cause either. Most importantly on the topic, the media plays a large role in the process to bring the folks together which could prove dear for the Australian government and the nation's economy should they decide to backpedal from their new partners.

#23 Parent Curious - 2018-03-29

Something very unfortunate happened last January when the new US administration scrapped the Trans Pacific Partnership that had been painstakingly built between the US and a dozen countries of Asia IN ORDER TO FORM A BLOCK THAT WOULD CONTROL, OR AT LEAST BALANCE, THE GROWING INFLUENCE OF CHINA in the area. That was more than a trade initiative; that was a geo political initiative to control China outside of China's boundaries.

America's influence in the area and in the world, has been free falling since. America has a death wish, deep in its middle and right. It happens to countries like it happens to people.
What you describe in the case of Australia is part of the same pattern that could have been prevented with a group intervention.

#24 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

As an ex moderator, I can assure you that this board does not bend to the will of the Chinese. Evidence: Just look at the hundreds of posts against Chinese schools and recruiters on the School Review board (one would think that each of the schools targeted on the Review board would have tried something - to various degrees - to have the negative reviews removed).

#25 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Not only Aussies, other nations and forum members but many others have been affected. Keep in mind that Chinese aren't the only ones who are quilty of such behaviors. British, Americans, Israelis, Saudis etc have been paying attention to their interests across borders as well. The teachers board, for example, may be as much affected by the Chinese as it may be by the Saudis who have guts to even force the Lebanese PM to resign. Anyhow, we post to keep the flow of info as much as we can.

As an Aussie i read this today and it made me absolutely sick. Australia is finished and has
been bought by Chinese influence already. Even our posts on this this board about this
subject may have to be removed. Its the end of an era we will all be singing praises to
Mao very soon i suspect
#26 Parent Sara - 2018-03-29

As an Aussie i read this today and it made me absolutely sick. Australia is finished and has been bought by Chinese influence already. Even our posts on this this board about this subject may have to be removed. Its the end of an era we will all be singing praises to Mao very soon i suspect.

surfer - 2018-03-29
Australian Publisher Delays Book Alleging China Influence in Australia
Return to Index › Australian Publisher Delays Book Alleging China Influence in Australia

Go to another board -