TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Racisism
#1 Parent Old and Tired - 2007-05-22
uh.... - Teachers Discussion

Racisism... hmmmm... is that the opposite of narcissism?

#2 Parent Larrrie White - 2007-05-22
Racisism

Racist often use practicality as an excuse for thier racisim. Funny as a teacher in the US with all its racial problems I felt a great bond to my asian students because they worked so hard in my classroom.
Thier parents treated me better than most African American parents. My chinese co teachers even encouraged me to come here when my retirement became an issue. My wife died in China I feel a great bound to this place yet I also feel sadness. I am often told that white teachers are paid more than myself who are half my age and have none of my experince and whose only interest in China seemms to be sex and drugs. BUt on the good side I have many Chinese parents and students who want me to teach them. I have a good relationship with them and love the Children I teach. I know it sounds corny but my mother( a teacher of some 60 years ) said teaching is Gods work and can only be done with love. I never thought I would make a fortune when I came here but if a can teach a child to respect and love a person for who they are instead of what they are then i die happy.

Return to Index › Racisism

Go to another board -