TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Romance Restricted in China? - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent eng.teacher - 2007-06-25
Romance - Teachers Discussion

It's nonsense! I live with my Chinese lady and apart from strange looks and staring we get when we go out there are no problems.
As for Chonqing girls, sure they are pretty but they are also savages! I worked in the countryside there for 12 months and believe me these people ( men and women ) are the most uncivilsed people that I have ever met!
Ever seen a woman coming out of an Armani shop who stops to spit on the pavement? You're gonna see that and much, MUCH worse. You are gonna be subjected to racism,staring,piss taking, theiving, and ( in my case ) violence.
If you don't believe me go to the bus/railway station and watch the bam bam men fighting.
Good luck my friend, you are moving to hell!

#2 Parent The Earthling - 2007-06-20
Romance in China - Teachers Discussion

Daniel, I have been living and working in China since 1989 in many different places. Whereas back in that day, it was a litle uncomfortable for the Chinese girls (women) dating a foreigner I never heard of a foreigner being sent to prison for this. China is very modern nowadays, unless of course you are way out in the countryside or in a minority area, and now even showing affection in public is acceptable. Don't listen to would be "experts" about anything, come and check it out for yourself. If having a Chinese girlfriend is that high on your priority list for coming to China, then stay at home!

Daniel - 2007-06-19
Romance Restricted in China? - Teachers Discussion

I am taking a job in Chongqing, where I've been told that the prettiest girls in China come from. Now, me going to China has to do with living in a new place and experiencing a new culture, which may or may not involve dating local girls; this is just as it would be were I to move to another city in the US.

However, my father told me that a co-worker of his, who worked in a coal mining town in China (where exactly I do not know), was told that having sexual contact with the local girls could result in a lengthy prison term! This sounded frankly preposterous, a scare tactic or some such.

I was wondering whether anyone else had heard any such restrictions.

Return to Index › Romance Restricted in China? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -