TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Job adverts - Teachers Discussion *Link*
#1 Parent AMonk - 2007-07-18
Recent Photos - Teachers Discussion

Hi Wombat!

Yes, you are over reacting. Just a little bit.

There is no harm in sending a "recent" passport-sized photo of yourself. It's much better than sending a picture of you at age 12 (for instance). ;) But I don't think it matters, as an adult, if the photo is from as "recently" as 3-5 years ago.

I like to have the mental image of friends when I correspond with them or talk to them by phone. Prospective employers (who likely won't see you face-to-face until you arrive on-site) would no doubt like to have a face to put to the e-mails and (phone) interviews.

*shrug* It's not really that big a deal, IMHO.

Wombat in Sweden (Mr) - 2007-07-17
Job adverts - Teachers Discussion *Link*

I've been lurking a while now, and feel brave enough to make my first post. I realise this is mainly a "what's happening in China" forum, but I'd like to see if others share my view on a more international issue.
I've been teaching for many years, got a couple of qualifications etc and am always looking for new jobs/challenges. I wil not, however, apply for any post where it says that you must include a recent photo with your application. It is not just a China thing (where, after reading a few threads here, it seems to be used in a "we don't want a non-caucasian" kinda way), but happens in European schools too.
Can any justify the demand for a recent photo in a job application? Or is it just me overreacting?
Thanks.

Return to Index › Job adverts - Teachers Discussion *Link*

Go to another board -