TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › COSTA RICA * Does anyone know the pay there? - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent leonard - 2007-09-04
Re: COSTA RICA * Does anyone know the pay there? - Teachers Discussion

3 to 6 dollars hour working for large English language schools. Probably a bit more as a private tutor with companies, wealthier students. The main problem is to find enough hours anywhere.

#2 Parent answers - 2007-09-04
Heading to Costa Rica to teach - Teachers Discussion

I am a certified ESL Elementary Ed teacher in the states & I am very interested in teaching in Mexico / South America for a year. I am married with 1 child (7) and they'd be along for the adventure as well. Where in the world do I begin planning this? My husband would (hopefully) be employed while we are there. We are choosing to do this for the adventure, love of children and new experiences. How much money would we need to take to start? Could we live off what we make?

#3 Parent lis - 2007-09-04
Re: COSTA RICA * Does anyone know the pay there? - Teachers Discussion

Hi, Im not able to help you much, but Im in the same situation. i was thinking in goingo to honduras, but it seems the school is not giving me all the information I request. I called the ministry of education in Honduras and asked them if they had an establishd salary for teachers. They told me I should speak with the school and hanged the phone. The school offered me 270 dolars and housing......and I still dont know what to do.
Did you end up with any conclusion?
Thanks!

Al - 2007-08-11
COSTA RICA * Does anyone know the pay there? - Teachers Discussion

Dear colleagues,

I have been searching the Internet for info on salaries and benefits (airfare, medical, housing...)of ESL teachers and coordinators in Costa Rica, but no success yet. The schools do seem to hide it in their ads, and ESL web sites seem not to mind it, and the forums on teachers experiences from different (non-Asian) countries seem to have disappeared from the Net.

Can you help with recent facts on Costa Rican jobs, please?

With thanks,
Al

Return to Index › COSTA RICA * Does anyone know the pay there? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -