TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Weird Question .... - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Leon - 2007-08-17
Ok a kinda solution - Teachers Discussion

Hey I don't know from your post if this is the same thing but I have looked into this and I was told I can get a solicitor to write a letter confirming that both names mean the same person. i.e > Both versions of my name are the same guy.

Don't know if its the same for you wherever you are.

#2 Parent Babajide Akinyele-Williams - 2007-08-17
Similar Situation - Teachers Discussion *Link*

Hi

I just saw your post. I really don't have any answers but I just want to say that I have a simnilar situation. My certificate bears my local ancestral name - 'Akinyele' but my passport bears Akinyele-Williams.

Has anyone ever an experience where either situations (mine and the previous post)constituted any challenge or difficulty.

Thanks

Leon - 2007-08-17
Weird Question .... - Teachers Discussion

Ok heres my situation.

Got a 4 yr degree, am a native speaker from a native speaking country.

Problem -> The name on my passport is not the same as the name on my degree. This has to do with my country being "sort of" bi-lingual. This isn't a problem here at all, i have my passport, driving license and i vote with one version of my name, my degree and birth cert, medical stuff and probably anything else i can't think of is done with the other version.

Now here its not an issue at all, as far as anyone heres concerned its the same name. Unfortunately my passport isn't in english (as in name,address etc).

So ..

It just occurred to me that this might be a problem when i go to get a job teaching as i did have an issue with my passport in Austria before.

I can easily get a new passport in english but thats gonna cost time/money/hassle. I don't know if i can get my degree name changed as when i started with the university i used the english version of my name.

So not sure what to do. Or even if it'd be an issue ?

p.s > It IS the same name, its just spelled very differently and uses some non-english characters.

Its not something that would have occurred to me except i just remembered getting hassle in Austria with my passport and this is going to be my first time outside the EU.

Any advice ?

Return to Index › Weird Question .... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -