TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Is inter-marriage possible for Koreans? - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent philly freedom - 2007-08-25
I agree! - Teachers Discussion

Yes! Yes! Yes! I agree 100%!

This forum is no place to discuss the personal matters of a couple -- especially of two people who are not part of the discussion!

#2 Parent Leave them alone - 2007-08-24
Re: Is inter-marriage possible for Koreans? - Teachers Discussion

Its nice that you care about the future of your friends, but it is their future, not yours. They need to work it out for themselves.

The first respondant advised you to look it up in wikipedia, and the second admittedly knows nothing about Korea. There are too many factors involved in this relationship that we--and you too, probably--know nothing about and never will. This problem is too big, and they need to go to their families and clergy for help with issues like this, not anonymous ESL teachers on the internet. They need to learn to trust their families now, at the start of their relationship, as they won't be able to build the trust they will need to rely on later.

#3 Parent answers - 2007-08-24
Can koreans accept intermarriage? Please read for details

A friend of mine is a chinese american. He met this girl from Korea in their campus while studying architecture.
They love each other and plan to get married soon after graduation.
I know little about korean people, but I do know xenophobia is strong in Korea.
The young man family can accept the girl, but she seem hasn't tell her parents about her boyfriend yet.
Being a single child of her parents she wants his boyriend to live in Korea near her parents.

My question is can the korean people accept such intermarriage because of their xenophobia?
If they live in Korea can the neighbours accept them or alienating them instead?
And I doubt the boy can easily search for a job in the Korea
They're still young and naive. I don't want them to make a rush decision that they will regret.

Any advice will be appreciated, especially from expat who used to live in Korea, thanks

#4 Parent 12 - 2007-08-24
Re: Is inter-marriage possible for Koreans?

Intermarriage
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Intermarriage may refer to:

Interreligious marriage
Interracial marriage

wisdom635 - 2007-08-24
Is inter-marriage possible for Koreans? - Teachers Discussion

My friend has a Korean boyfriend and they love each other yet my friend is aware they don't have any future..Is it possible for Koreans to have inter-marriage?

Return to Index › Is inter-marriage possible for Koreans? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -