TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › teaching english in honduras - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent answers - 2007-08-27
Re: teaching english in honduras - Teachers Discussion

Moving to Tegucigalpa, Honduras...?
I will be moving to Tegus soon. Where in the city should I look for a place to live? Should I look for a house or an apartment? Or, would it be better to buy a house or land to build?

It will be myself, my spouse, and two kids both under 5. We can afford about $700 a month in rent/mortgage.

Please give us your input. We want to make a wise decision about this move.

#2 Parent answers - 2007-08-27
Re: teaching english in honduras - Teachers Discussion

Should we move to Honduras? My husband is from Honduras and has been living here almost 8 years. We've been married 7 and just had a baby who's 9 months. My husband's sick of working just to pay the bills and thinks we could live a better life in Honduras. We visited there once for a month and I didn't like it much. No hot water, no friends. I missed home. We have about $20,000 dollars we could get from selling our house. Is this enough to buy a nice home? Also, I worry about health care (I have stomach problems and anxiety), school for our son, and most of all, my safety. I know Honduras has one of the highest crime rates in all of Central America. I have red hair and feckles and wouldn't blend in too easily. Anyone lived there? Do you think it's safe?

lis - 2007-08-27
teaching english in honduras - Teachers Discussion

I ve been offered a teaching possition at a school in Honduras. I would like to share opinions and know about your experience there. Is there anyone that could help me??? Thank you very much!!!

Return to Index › teaching english in honduras - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -