TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: EDUCATING MR. JACKSON "KNOW-IT-ALL" - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent appetoni - 2007-09-19
Re: EDUCATING MR. JACKSON "KNOW-IT-ALL" - Teachers Discussion

Hey my friend! Easy on the "bums from the west" comments. I live out west AND have a degree, TESL certificate, and job teaching ESL. I am an American, native speaker of the English language. Spanglish, Chinglish, and whatever other lishes lazy speakers can come up with are still POOR GRAMMAR and not English! It is unfortunate that the teaching shortage is so severe that schools are forced to hire losers who are too lazy to speak with proper grammar- whatever race.

#2 Parent Muy Caliente "I AM A NON-NATIVE SPEAKING TEACHER" - 2007-09-14
Re: EDUCATING MR. JACKSON "KNOW-IT-ALL" - Teachers Discussion

Take it easy, Fish.

Here is the link. After reading it, I hope you can have a good night sleep.

Just a question, would it kill you if you would just forget about the prejudice you have about NNS who are teaching English?

I think the biggest problem really is we have white colleagues out there who are teaching English without a degree and experience... who were carpenters, plumbers, bums from the west and they don't know a thing about patience and dedication normally a NNS teacher has.

You are a teacher because of luck... I am a teacher because I have the drive, the motivation, and the zeal... Not to mention I have a degree.

Return to Index › Re: EDUCATING MR. JACKSON "KNOW-IT-ALL" - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -