TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Lembaga Indonesia-Amerika - the worst! - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Arfan Achyar - 2007-09-19
Re: Lembaga Indonesia-Amerika - the worst! - Teachers Discussion

I was a teacher at Yayasan LIA. It is true they pay the teacher meagre salary. I taught there for 7 years and towards the end of my service i only handled two classes weekly. But, when i had just started teaching there, i handled 8 classes weekly. what annoyed me most is the severance pay they offered to me. i dont think i need to mention the sum here, but it is not appropriate at all for someone who has spent 7 years teaching there. This is a word of warning to everyone reading this and has an intention to teach there. AVOID IT AT ALL CAUSE! DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.
best regards.

Francois - 2006-10-20
Lembaga Indonesia-Amerika - the worst! - Teachers Discussion

Sorry, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to warn of a horrid English School, but here it is: Lembaga Indonesia- Amerika (The Indonesian-American Foundation popularly known as Yayasan LIA) is a place ESL teachers definitely want to avoid. One is expcted to present students with witlessly incompetent tests written by LIA staff whose level of English is intermediate at best. They pay low salaries as the whim suits them and are exceedingly unprofessional in any way one cares to concieve. Worst of all - having exhausted the supply of locally residng experienced ESL teachers, who are wise to them,they have now embarked on a plan to hire fresh universitry graduates from abroad. In other words they are looking for lambs to lead to the slaughter. It would be an invaluable service if those of you reading this could pass the word onto other ESL forums and such that you know of, or are members of. I have tried Dave's but cannot get the registration code number to work. If you know of a forum that concentrates on bad English schools and warnings, please post their addresses here.Thank yo all for your attention and (hopefully) your assistance.

Return to Index › Lembaga Indonesia-Amerika - the worst! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -