TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Interesting ideas about teacher's qualifications - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Wow - 2007-09-26
Re: Interesting ideas about teacher's qualifications - Teachers Discussion

Many ads for China state that they are seeking people with degrees (in any discipline), so even a degree in Engineering would do, particularly if the person is from one of the considered native English speaking contries. They do not request degrees in education in particular. On the other hand, someone from say Trinidad, or maybe even India, for example who have been educated in English and speak and understand the language fluently, would automatically be considered less qualified.

Many of the educators I have had the privilege of engaging with were experts in their fields rather than being simply 'book learnt'.

What is the solution? I do not know, Fish that I have the answer. However, we need to stop assuming that simply because someone does not have a degree means he/she cannot be a great teacher, or not capable of obtaining the degree. (Reflect on some of your past comments). I do note that you seem to be intelligent and seem to endeavour to be fair-minded. Maybe you can help to come up with the solution. Take care everyone.

Return to Index › Re: Interesting ideas about teacher's qualifications - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -