TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Interesting ideas about teacher's qualifications - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Wow (female) - 2007-09-28
Re: Interesting ideas about teacher's qualifications - Teachers Discussion

'I still have a beef with this sentiment of yours. And the fact that you found well-qualified but patently ill-suited English instructors has little vlaue beyond the anecdotal."

Again, I ask PLEASE point out to me where I said that.

Here is what I said:

'What is the solution? I do not know, Fish that I have the answer. However, we need to stop assuming that simply because someone does not have a degree means he/she cannot be a great teacher'

Not quite the same thing. I have 3 'qualified' teachers in my immediate family (all in the US), 6 Ph.Ds- (one in Germany, one in Canada, the rest in the US) and a bunch of Masters degrees (mostly in the US and the UK). I was brought up to value education, so that was definitely not my point. I simply wanted to suggest that a degree does not necessarily make you qualified and that there are people out there without degrees that COULD make good, even great teachers. I had even suggested to Fish that perhaps a solution could be found (FINDING A SOLUTION WAS FIRST HIS/HER IDEA AND A GOOD ONE).

You truly seem to be lacking proper analytical skills and based on your comment on my other post about my heritage, you also seem to be 'vindictive' and unforgiving, since I did apologize for what apeared to be my misinterpretation.

The truth is a lot of what you had to say in your original reply to me was really offbase and I did not have the desire to comment on most of it nor even wanted to take the time to respond to it all - there was just too much. You are so busy trying to get back at me that you have stopped making sense.

And yes, I agree with you, we should stop 'debating' with each other. I do not like to debate with ignorance. There I have said it, crucify me.

Return to Index › Re: Interesting ideas about teacher's qualifications - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -