TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › one paint brush - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Marjorie - 2007-10-23
Re: one paint brush - Teachers Discussion

Anywhere this happens and to whomever, no doubt, it is very, very sad and it is sadly amazing that this type of perpetrator is allowed to get away to repeat his awful acts.

I have consciously noted a rise in the numbers of this type of crime over the last few years and being a mother of one male child, it is a bit well, ouch! I do not live in fear, but it has prevented me from even going to the Big Brothers when I thought about it, because unfortunately these people are so often in positions of trust - a male nurse in a children's hospital, hockey coaches, and the list goes on. One guy held two very young boys for I believe 2 years tortured them before he killed them. Although this was his 4th offense, his lawyer was arguing for his ability to receive early parole. What kind of justice system do we have? AND CANADA IS NOT ALONE IN THIS!

I am also Canadian and black, but as for the 'one paint brush,' well, this is one time I was not 'holding my breath and hoping it was not a black guy'; it never occured to me that it would be. Among all the incidents that I have seen reported over the years, I have not seen a single one.

SO, THANK GOD FOR THAT!

#2 Parent Sheffield Matthew Kelsie - 2007-10-22
one paint brush - Teachers Discussion

The south Koreans may use one brush to paint all Canadians and that is an unfortunate, but sad reality of this situation. A comment which also caught my eye is that all single males are now suspect. That too, is grossly unfair.

But I know one group is breathing a sigh of relief. As soon as we heard about this, we were all saying "Please God, don't let it be a Black guy!" At least, for now, we can carry on. Hide the Maple Leaf for a while, but maintain.

I also suggest that we, as Black teachers, anywhere in Asia, be ever vigilant. The shit HAS to hit the fan sooner or later. It may be easy to run, but it sure will be difficult to hide.

This is the world we live in - All Of US!

Return to Index › one paint brush - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -