TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Asian EFL Journal - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Ben - 2007-10-24
Re: tesol course - Teachers Discussion

This is very useful. I have been searching for a while, and I think I may have just found what I am looking for. Thanks to whoever posted it.

#2 Parent Jie - 2007-10-23
Re: Asian EFL Journal - Teachers Discussion

To all readers I would like to let you know that the company in Changchun Jilin called Tianshou Education Com. LTD is such a devil company. Beware of this company they just suck your blood untill you die..
They promise a lot like a high salary nice accommodation visa but the fact was that you will pay your accommodation while staying in their apartment. They even charge the visa by deducting it to your salary.. This company is owned and manage by mama WANG papa YU and KIKI, MAGGI and MICHELL as directors..
Friends welcome to china but beware of those blood suckers...

#3 Parent Andrew Burt - 2007-10-23
Re: Asian EFL Journal - Teachers Discussion

Hello,

A lengthy Internet search also led me to course. I'm wondering if you have enrolled yet, and what your experience has been like thus far?

#4 Parent Topknot - 2007-04-09
Asian EFL Journal - Teachers Discussion

KJ....

Thanks. Appreciate your thoughts. I've taken and completed a TESOL course from another program and have been offered a job teaching primary students in a small, southern China town. However, recently when I came across this site during a Google search....well, it seemed so vastly superior to the course that I had just finished that I am considering taking this one, also.

I'm impressed with their erudite approach to the ESL "profession" and, their targeting of the Asian ESL problems in particular.

Too, one may, as you alluded, read all the material that is included for both their courses, the 120 and the 80 hours certification programs, online without paying for the course and enhance one's skills as an ESL teacher by spending nothing but time! Not "bottom line" driven...what a rare creature!

This is truly, I believe, a knowledge and education driven forum targeting the ESL community that deserves our support.

Thanks again for your time.

#5 Parent kj - 2007-04-07
tesol course - Teachers Discussion

Normally,I wouldn't recommend an online course, but I trust the folks at Asian EFL Journal. It is a very well run website with contributions from teachers who are seemingly well accomplished in the field. I enjoy the material I read there immensely and have learned a lot about the EFL scene in Asia. The books they are offering with the course seem very appropriate. And the videos should be a real plus. Hopefully, they will encourage communication between you and the staff while taking the course. I would recommend that, should you decide to take the course, you couple it with some volunteer work or internships - most ESL or EFL teachers would be happy to have you sit in on their classes and would give you any guidance you ask for. I would also recommend that you talk with or email any past students they've had and get some serious feedback.
Good luck.

topknot - 2007-04-07
Asian EFL Journal - Teachers Discussion

I'm interested in taking a course from these people. Anyone have experience with them? Input appreciated.
Thanks.

http://www.asian-efl-journal.com/TESOL_CertificateMaterials.php

Return to Index › Asian EFL Journal - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -