TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › response to Micah - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Kevin - 2007-11-05
response to Micah - Teachers Discussion

I was once asked to observe a new teacher's lessons during the first week of classes at an International College in China. The college, by the way is at a very well known and reputable university, not an "International College" by name only. During the 25 minutes that I observed, I noted that the teacher misrepresented the English language no less than five times. He even went so far as to misspell words as he wrote them on the blackboard. I would estimate his English level to be that of an average sophomore in an American high school.

This happened more than a year ago. To my knowledge, the "teacher" is still there. They've probably made him a coordinator by now....lol. Such is English education in China. Save yourself a headache Micah and avoid teaching in China unless you're prepared to be extremely disappointed. You can find some great jobs; I won't deny that. But unless you can focus on your own job without the hope that all of your colleagues will be as equally experienced and trained as you are, you may find it to be a difficult experience indeed.

Return to Index › response to Micah - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -