TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › CELTA Pass Marks?
#1 Parent bobo - 2009-12-08
Re: CELTA Pass Marks?

So what do you need to do to get a Pass B? t's a mystery to me. I have 4xstandard lessons and 4 X above standard - is that enough. No resubmits on my coursework.

#2 Parent Emma - 2009-03-29

When I hire people, I am really glad to see a CELTA A-Pass applicant. However, I know that an A-Pass and a Pass CELTA graduate are going to need the exact same training from me. As an employer and manager, I would hire an A Pass over a Pass, but after they've been hired there really isn't a lot of difference.

I think making sure you are a good match for the school you are applying for is much more important than the grade you get in your CELTA. My pet peeve is meeting with applicants who think that all ESL schools are the same, or dress as though they were going to teach Young Learners when the school is for mid-level corporate business people.

#3 Parent Teacher in Italy - 2009-03-15

I got an A grade on the CELTA and employers have taken me on very readily, it really does help. Some of the better schools will only employ teachers with a minimum grade B.

#4 Parent Anglikiem - 2007-12-09

OK. Maybe nobody understood that... :b

To put it another way; how important is your CELTA pass grade when applying for a TEFL teaching job?

Anglikiem - 2007-12-06
CELTA Pass Marks?

Hello Everybody, :)

When you achieve a Cambridge CELTA, you can be graded as:

Pass
Pass B
Pass A

I am trying to find out; when you get your certificate, how interested are language school employers in your pass grade?

Or are they only interested that you have got "a CELTA", rather than "a CELTA with Pass B grade" or "a CELTA with Pass B grade"?

Thanks for any info.

Anglikiem

Return to Index › CELTA Pass Marks?

Go to another board -