TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Nervous
#1 Parent Ben J. - 2008-01-12
Re: Nervous

I recommend you wait longer and research more - full time. For what I read above you'r heading for bad-surprises. Do a list of questions and send it to your director first - no clear replies: means lots of trouble later.

Best Ben

#2 Parent Sun li - 2008-01-09
Re: Nervous

I am interviewing with 2 companies to teach over in Korea. I'm not worried so much about the companies themselves since I went through my university to get in contact with them.
I suggest you don't trust any company/recruiter, regardless who is recommending. Trust your instint and talk on the phone with at least 2 ESL teachers from the school before accepting any contract.

But I am nervous about everything involved. I would appreciate any and all advice on dealing with contracts, whether to go to the city or country, should I bring my dog, how to pack...etc. As you can tell my thoughts are all over the place right now.
About your contract, I think someone mentioned here taxes deduction by the Korean employers - old trick, esp. when you get your severance month. Your dog, no problem, there isn't quarantine in Korea for dogs. Make sure you get a dog good health certificated from a vet before arriving in Korea. Locations to live and teach: I suggest you look in the country area, middle or south. Try to get a single apt for you and your dog.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

You welcome. Please post more Qs, I'll be happy to give you my feedback.

-Sun

Jeni - 2008-01-09
Nervous

I am interviewing with 2 companies to teach over in Korea. I'm not worried so much about the companies themselves since I went through my university to get in contact with them. But I am nervous about everything involved. I would appreciate any and all advice on dealing with contracts, whether to go to the city or country, should I bring my dog, how to pack...etc. As you can tell my thoughts are all over the place right now. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jeni

Return to Index › Nervous

Go to another board -