TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Is this a bad sign?
#1 Parent J Lee - 2008-01-13
Re: Is this a bad sign?

Hello Barney,

First, make sure the contract you have signed meet with your approval and it has all the points you agreed to highlighted. Remember, once you sign and go there, you are at their mercy. So I would like you to know that if it feels like you are getting screwed, you may if you don't make it clear on what your expectations are, and what you are agreeing to. Let help to keep them honest.

Best Regards,
J. Lee

#2 Parent rt - 2008-01-13
Re: Is this a bad sign?

They say you are as good as your word. The recruiter lied about the conditions, get the original advert and send it to the school. Find another school..

Barney - 2008-01-13
Is this a bad sign?

I have just signed a contract. The process was quite long. After initially applying to an advertisement placed by a recruiter, I was sent some questions to answer. After the school looked over my answers I was sent a contract and invited for an interview. They asked about salary. I requested for some changes to be made to make the contract slightly more like the advertisement I had applied to (they made the implication that it was the recruiter's doing and said that the advertised was the upper limit). I asked them to make a change and they later notified me by email that the requested change would be fine.
Now when I am looking at the signed contract I notice that the airfare is no longer 10,000 for a round trip but 5000 one-way. I had checked the conract in my email before going to sign so I wouldnt have to carefully look over the contract while there. I personally dont like doing this and just assumed it would be fine. I had to sign a number of documents and as I was in the process I remember him saying something about a 2200 holiday allowance and he may have said something about it (I dont remember him saying) but I think I had already signed at that point and was talking with someone else. At no point did they mention that they had changed something.
I am supposed to begin next semester.
What do you think I should do?

Return to Index › Is this a bad sign?

Go to another board -