TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › 3 job offers
#1 Parent Irishman - 2008-01-28
Re: 3 job offers - GOLDEN EDUCATION TRAINING CENTRE

DO NOT WORK FOR GOLDEN EDUCATION TRAINING CENTRE !!

I worked for them during 2006 - 2007. Their advertisments give the impression that you will be working in Chongqing city YOU WILL NOT !

THEY ARE NOT A SCHOOL. THEY ARE RECRUITERS.

When I arrived in Chongqing there were 11 other new teachers that had arrived at the same time. They only had 10 jobs ! 2 teachers , who had flown from England, were told " Sorry we have no job for you " and left to their own devices.

I had been told that I would be working in Chongqing city THAT WAS A LIE. They sent me 7 HOURS south ,on a bus, to a town called Xuyong which is in the middle of nowhere. Others were sent to different towns further away ( up to 14 hours on a bus ) where the facilities and accommodation were apallingly bad. When I complained that my windows were broken, my roof leaked onto my bed, there were no cooking facilities etc. I was told they would " sort it out " but they never bothered to do anything. I spent a long cold winter in the apartment from hell !

On my return to Chongqing city at the end of the contract I was summoned to the Police station where I was told that Golden had not registered me as being resident there and would face the possibility of a fine / deportation, Something that the people at Golden seemed to think was very funny.

My pay was often late and they gave me no help at all with anything. Even my electricity and phone was cut off because nobody had told me when and where to pay the bill even though I had asked many times. Also they asked me to pay a 450 Yuan telephone bill 5 MONTHS after leaving their employment !! ( I had NOT used the Telephone and they refused to send me a copy of the bill when I asked to see it ! ) Every time I asked for help or advice I was told to ask the Headmaster which I would have done if he could speak English !

You will also find that the visa they get for you does NOT give you the right to teach LEGALLY, something I only realised after I had finished my contract. Indeed, many new Teachers were told on the way to the PSB NOT to say that they would be teaching if they were asked.

I also met a young Canadian teacher who was being forced to live in a filthy, cockroach infested apartment, without work, because Golden had kept her passport and refused to return it to her. I and others took her to the Canadian Consul and she was given emergency repatriation still without her passport.

These things a really just the tip of the iceberg as far as my experience with Golden is concerned. My advice to anyone contemplating working for this company is simply this.....

DO NOT WORK FOR GOLDEN EDUCATION TRAINING CENTRE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

I wish you well with your future in Chongqing / China and hope this helps.

max - 2008-01-26
3 job offers

hello all,

this past week, i was offered 3 jobs in china. I would like to know if anyone has taught at the following schools:

1) Shandong Institute of Light Industry

2) chongqing foreign language institute

3) Chongqing Golden Education Traning Center

if anyone taught at those schools, please contact me.

max

Return to Index › 3 job offers

Go to another board -