TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Taking CELTA course
#1 Parent teejay - 2008-03-22
Re: Taking CELTA course

I added you already on my list.Thanks

#2 Parent Teacher - 2008-03-21

After you get CELTA,keep working but try to look for jobs at International school.It will be very good for you.Added you on messenger.We will chat.

#3 Parent teejay - 2008-03-21

I really appreciate your time responding to my query. Thanks so much. I know it's not easy to take CELTA thats why I am preparing also myself in a lot of ways.I will go for it. thanks again.Feel free to add me to your messenger.Chat more my friend.

#4 Parent Teacher - 2008-03-20

Most of the schools do consider application from NNS who hold CELTA.CELTA is not a piece of cake and it is not for everyone.Yes,the employers have high regard for this qualification.I would like to suggest you to try in some schools i.e primary,seondary or elementary.In my opinion,schools jobs are better than language center job.More chances to grow!

#5 Parent teejay - 2008-03-20

Thanks. I am currently working as an ESL teacher in Thailand, that's why Im planning to take the CELTA to upgrade and learn more. The fact that I am not a native speaker, competition seems to become more tough than ever. Did'nt have AB but I did graduate with a degree in Education and got myself a Professional teaching license as well. Would you think CELTA could be enough as to meet the high requirements of every school employers?

#6 Parent ESL Teacher - 2008-03-19

CELTA is an excellent course and it takes a lot of effort to complete this.Try to get an A/B.You can find jobs in China but I am not sure about Thailand or Japan.They insist on NET.

teejay - 2008-03-19
Taking CELTA course

Please help me decide. I am planning to take CELTA course this year, what I want to know, would employers in Thailand, China, Japan accept a NON-native speaker with a CELTA certificate?

Return to Index › Taking CELTA course

Go to another board -