TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Updated Visa requirements for China
#1 Parent BrandeX - 2008-06-20
Re: Updated Visa requirements for China

"I will not teach illegally on a tourist visa, or anything else like this"

Well, really it's not much different than what you are doing right now really, which is teaching with an "illegal Z visa". (Chinese law requires a bachelor degree to be a foreign expert, and qualify for this visa, your school was able to break the govt law and get one for you anyways, but technically it is still illegal and if anyone in gov knew or cared (they don't), it would be revoked.) With the current climate in China, I would just be concerned with having "any" visa, and then doing whatever you feel willing to try afterwards.

#2 Parent mary - 2008-06-18
Re: Updated Visa requirements for China

We are teachers - all degreed, some advance degreed. We have been teaching in China from 6 months to 6 years and are perplexed by conflicting information regarding visas in China. Many of us are in the renewal phase and find the information changing weekly. Please advise if an official site or source is available.

Per ABC news, Hong Kong visas will no longer be recognized.

This process is expensive and time-consuming. It will be disastrous if we leave (we are all being told we must leave the country for processing) and cannot return, or the place that we are told to apply is not authorized. We will share any official or reliable information we research. We appreciate if you do the same.

Clinta - 2008-06-18
Updated Visa requirements for China

I am currently teaching English in China and hold a one year foreign expert visa, which I found quite easy to get in January of this year with help from my employer even though I don't have a degree (and was honest and told them). I have since been told that the government has cracked down on people getting visas without holding a degree as some schools now find it difficult to fill all positions. I have struggled to find a completely up to date and reliable account of what are actually the new rules in China and if at the end of this year I will still be able to return and teach without a degree (some people say it will probably go back to the old system post olmypics) Is there anyone out there with info on this?

I will not teach illegally on a tourist visa, or anything else like this, I will only return again if I can legitimately get a working visa of sorts.

Thanks.

Return to Index › Updated Visa requirements for China

Go to another board -