TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › China: English world Inner Monglia
#1 Parent someone - 2008-08-23
Re: English world Inner Monglia

Hello Jack,

I've just noticed and understand your predicaments with Lian but to tell you honestly, Jenny's presence in that company plays a vital role on behalf of the foreigners. She had been trying her best to resolve problems but there are things beyond her control.I've known Jenny as a good person, caring and friendly.She has her reasons of staying in that company.

#2 Parent Jack Inglis - 2008-08-08

It would seem that Lian and her mob have pulled up the anchor and sailed off to rob some other luckless people. I applaud the fact that the chinese authorities have at last taken steps to close this den of iniquity down.
It is possible that after the Olympics she will start up again (you cannot keep a good crook down), but i think that even the Chinese Immigration will have had enough of her.
If it is true that she has gone, I still feel sorry for any Asian or African teacher that are still there and have lost out by the duplicity of these gangsters, but at least if she has gone and no further Asians will be caught up in Lian and Jenny's web.

Below is an account of some one elses's experience with My English World that I just happened to come across on the web.
Jack Inglis

Posted on the "nominate a school for blacklisting section". Any comments?

"I nominate English World, aka My English World, aka English World Business Liability Co. Ltd., Tongliao, Inner Mongolia, China. In 2005-2006, English World was investigated on 3 different occasions. First by the Tongliao Public Security Bureau due to the fact that teachers were teaching under "F" visas, which is illegal. "F" visas are reserved for those invited to China to conduct business, not to teach. Lian was informed of the investigation beforehand by a friend who works with the PSB and all of the foreign teachers had to be interviewed by the PSB. We were told by Lian to tell the PSB that we did not teach, but rather that we participated in the writing of textbooks and did promotional work. We went through with the interviews, but it was very hard on alot of us because we knew what could happen if we were caught lying. But, it was either that or lose our jobs. The second time we were investigated, Lian left the office and a woman and 2 men from the Department of Education came to investigate...they went through Lian's filing cabinet and rifled through the desks.

They had alot to say about a sign that Lian had on the door to the office that claimed we were a school (it was written in Chinese) and because she didn't have the permit to be able to operate a school, or have foreign teachers, they said that she was breaking the law. These Department of Education people returned again and insisted that we all have medical examinations done, and to make matters worse representatives from the Department of Education were present in the room when we had our examinations, and saw us half-naked and it was quite humiliating to us foreign teachers. So, there were at least 3 occasions while I was there in which there were investigations. Until recently, illegal recruiters could fly "under the radar" so to speak, but now there have been alot of changes to the Chinese visa process which will make things alot harder for people like Lian.

I believe there will be no "F" visas issued between March 2008 and October 2008. Also there is no such thing as a visa extension anymore (Lian used to get a doctor to write a note stating that the foreign teacher was too sick to go to Hong Kong to get a new visa so that they could go there with an expired visa to renew it) Usually it worked, but I believe the authorities began to catch on...ask Nate, an American foreign teacher who worked for her. Lian told him that although his visa was expired she "had it covered"...he went to Hong Kong, was detained and fined for having an expired visa...at his expense of course. I went to Hong Kong with an expired visa and was questioned, but they let me through just because I was lucky.

Before I left for Hong Kong, Lian told me that she made a call and that it would all be fine. When I told the immigration officer upon entering Hong Kong, he laughed in my face and said that there was no such thing as "making a call" in such matters...an expired visa is an expired visa. Luckily, he let me through, but I felt like such a fool. I also read something about there being no visa switches anymore, starting in March 2008...before, you could come to China on a tourist visa and change it to a Z visa (which is what you need to have to teach) but now whatever visa you come in with is what you have to stay with; you can't switch it anymore apparently, and if it's expired, you need to get a new one by leaving China for 5 days (I think it used to be 24hrs, if that.), provide travel receipts and prove that you are affiliated with a government approved agency and so on. (For an "F" visa that is, but good luck getting that in Hong Kong without good solid proof, especially if you're not American or Canadian.)

Anyway,with regard to your question why Lian can have dealings with the school board and so on, while not being legal...it's not that hard to justify. Not many Chinese know about permits to employ foreigners (from the S.A.F.E.A.) or visas or anything like that. They're pretty much going on her word. Then there is the whole aspect of how "money talks" in Chinese society. Things often move a little quicker and a little more quietly when it's greased with a few 100 RMB bills.

Also, the schools are not going to care if the foreigners don't have the proper documentation, only Lian and the foreigner will get into trouble...maybe just the foreigner. Chinese don't know much about policies for foreigners, especially where foreigners living in Tongliao is still a relatively new thing for that city. They don't have alot of experience dealing with such matters. You can actually check with the State Administration of Foreign Employee Affairs (SAFEA...they have a telephone number on their website) and they will tell you if the place you are woking for is permitted to employ foreigners. The last time I checked, Inner Mongolia University for the Nationalities was the only school in all of Tongliao with a permit, and also able to provide "Z" visas. As for the name of the company it has been changed, because she had to have the word, "business" in it in order to get away with having "F" visas which are only allowed for business oriented companies, not for teaching. By the way, after leaving China I did some research...foreign employees living in China for less than a period of 2 years are exempt from paying taxes so, if she's taking taxes off of your pay...it's going into her pocket.

I had Chinese ex-employees of hers tell me that they were apalled at how she used to keep the taxes for herself and the foreigners were not even supposed to pay taxes. Alot of things go on "in Chinese" that the foreigners do not understand...things that would make you sick. Did you know that all of her teachers are different prices to the schools? If a school isn't willing to pay whatever for a white foreigner, then she will say, "well, I can give you a Filipino or a Black for that money, but not a white person". Kinda makes you feel a little bit like a herd of cattle doesn't it? Oh well...the way I look at it, everything always comes out in the wash eventually. No bad deed goes unpunished and people always pay for their dishonesty.

As long as there are people willing to teach for Lian, then she will make money from them. I just couldn't stay around anymore, because I was tired of being treated as less than a deserving human being. There is no need to try to pick falsehoods out of what I say at all...I have no reason to make things up about English World. I know what I'm talking about, because I have been in China for a long time. This is a horrible company to work for...stay far away!"

#3 Parent protector - 2008-07-17
Re: English world Inner Mongolia

Hi,
I noticed that the English World Website is offline. Has English World finally gone under? Can someone please post a message and let me know the status of English World, if known? Thanks, and take care!

#4 Parent protector - 2008-06-30

Hello everyone...can someone please post and let me know the status of things at English World. Is it still in operation? Did the teachers get paid? How is the visa situation? How is everything, etc? Thanks!

#5 Parent somebody - 2008-06-27

ha,ha,ha! defensive!
.........not even a comment? haler!!!!!!!!!!!!
well, no tongue is dry.... every tongue is really wet. but i understood what you mean ofcourse..... I know what i am saying. wheehehehehehe!!!!!!

#6 Parent FFTin China/Pinoy - 2008-06-23

Hello Somebody,

Are you sure that I am the one who keeps on posting sarcastic words about Jenny? I am always reading this forum but its my third time to give a constructive comment, not even a comment..its an advise to Jenny...because she is my friend and we belong to the same region...FOR YOUR INFORMATION! thats why, somebody becareful of your tongue, its wet...it might slip away...understood?

Thats why I said that...whoever try or does to envy Jenny...that person is STUPID! got what I mean?

P.S. try to read my message on may 1, Pinoy or Pinoy in China thats me. and see if there is an envy or destructive criticism in there. Then Tell me.

#7 Parent protector - 2008-06-22

"The better you shut up!" HA HA HA! That's HILARIOUS! As if you could actually do anything to ANYONE Lian! Give me a break...AND PAY YOUR WORKERS BEFORE YOUR TREACHERY BITES YOU IN THE PICOU!

#8 Parent somebody - 2008-06-19

hello FFTinChina!
Ha,ha,ha! Why don't you admit that you really envy Jenny about her position? If you don't then why is it that you keeps on posting such sarcastic things about jenny? Why don't you mind your on way?

#9 Parent someone - 2008-06-19

hi protector!
i am not talking to you my dear. i am talking to those people who are always posting non sense things against jenny. well, thanks for protecting jenny for if we realize it jenny don't have any fault at all of what is being happening to the co-filipinos in my english world company. it's Lian's fault. ofcourse, she's just doing her part as a manager.

Let's just pray that those people who envy jenny will find good job and good salary so they will stop doing such embarassing thing.

#10 Parent FFTinChina - 2008-06-17

Somebody,to envy a person in a certain position (like jenny as a manager) in an illegal company is STUPIDITY. HUH!!!!!

#11 Parent Protector - 2008-06-16
(Message Deleted by Poster)
#12 Parent somebody - 2008-06-12

to all those people who hated jenny!

you're just showing that you're well educated but never learned. i think teachers are role models but i just realized that it's the other way around because of what you're doing.

it shows that you envy her so much because of her position and her salary of course. though you don't accept it but it's true. well, congratulation for possessing the most CM. you're not suited as teacher....

#13 Parent Jack Inglis - 2008-06-06

First I really understand that you would want to get 5000 rmb instead of nothing, but, how many times have you recieved this rare 5000 rmb since you started at the wonderfully named My English World. I suspect that you, like all the other teachers who have not only been robbed of their salary, or have not been told why the salary is not complete, cannot believe that such a firm of confidence tricksters can exist.
Believe me they do exist.
Lian Yu will fall. She has no morals whatsoever Chinese officials have her under a microscope but because of her dual citizenship she will escape to the USA.
Her manager, Jenny will be sacrificied but she will know this fact by now.
So many ex employees have contacted me that i have to put my own personal feelings to one side and wonder how i can stop this con woman.
I Don't need to, the Chinese Govt will do it for her.

#14 Parent Protector - 2008-06-01

English World Education Company Limited hey? I see Lian's changed the company name again. Why, I wonder? I mean, I'm sure "English World has the excellent reputations" as she would say. Ha ha! Anyway, here's the latest...I contacted the representative for foreign teaching at the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs in Beijing, and she suggested that I contact the national Head of Public Security in Beijing as well as Hohot. She stated that ALL complaints are investigated, as the illegal employment and maltreatment of foreign employees is such a huge concern now in China. She did, however, say that it may take a little longer for an investigation, since many of their resources are now concentrated on disaster relief efforts following the earthquakes. So, I have their telephone numbers as well as their email and mailing addresses, and I'm currently putting together a really good letter to send off to Beijing and Hohot. If you have any information to share that I might be able to use, please post it and share it. How are you all doing? Nobody has posted in a while. I'm a little worried...an update would be much appreciated. Has the earthquake affected Tongliao at all? I hope you are all doing well. Take care!

#15 Parent Protector - 2008-05-26

They need to report her to the Public Security Bureau before she can come up with an excuse (such as unfit teaching) not to pay them. I'm sure you all have Chinese friends who would be glad to help you out if you cannot speak Chinese. Also there is the S.A.F.E.A. at http://www.safea.gov.cn/english/
You can also report her to the Embassy of your nationality. (If you are Canadian, the Canadian Embassy, and so on). She HAS to pay money if she owes it, but the teachers need to defend themselves, or Lian will walk all over them. She's fired all of her employees before. I have seen her fire 11 teachers at once on one occasion. Good luck and make sure you get what you are owed!

#16 Parent irked - 2008-05-25

to protector,

I've learned that because of the tightening of the PSB with regards to the visas of these teachers in Inner Mongolia My English world, Lian and Jenny are planning to fire these teachers...

The question now is...will these teachers get their salaries or everything this school owes them? Please check on them whatever means you could.

#17 Parent Protector - 2008-05-21

Does anyone know the status on the people that were stuck in Mongolia? Is this true? Did they get back, and were there problems because of the new changes to Chinese visa regulations? Just wondering if it all worked out, and what the current situation is for them. Also, I have to say that Lian is the Chinese person in the situation, who should be able to take care of such dealings...not to really take sides, but Jenny is probably not going to be able to do a whole lot in such a situation. You need a Chinese to take care of Chinese Consular affairs, really. I'm guessing that Jenny was just the messenger. Besides, if Lian was legal, a Z visa wouldn't be a problem for her to obtain for someone, but since she cannot, that should give a pretty clear message as to whether or not she is allowed to employ foreigners. If you are legal, you can provide such a visa...if not, then you need to try to cheat your way into providing it for your employees, but as Lian knows VERY well...that doesn't always work. :(

#18 Parent hmmnn - 2008-05-21

Jenny;

so, if you really are what you think of yourself...honest, capable teacher...why don't you just run and find a suitable position in a respectable and legal school company.

why do you just stuck your nose up there where you are used and can't be dignified. are you a moron or an idiot? don't you have self respect? illegal is illegal, that's it. no matter how you justify it, it's still against the law.

there are a lot of schools where you could be a better person...that is if you really are good, as you claim you are.

of course, you can't fool everyone into believing that you don't have any vested interest on all the money making activities of that comapny you work for.

you're just saying a lot of non-sense!

#19 Parent Protector - 2008-05-20

Unless things have changed, Jenny is just paid a regular salary as are the rest of the teachers. I don't think she is a stockholder or anything like that. She just acts as a manager so that Lian doesn't have to deal with certain matters herself. She has to do what Lian says, that's why I say Jenny is a nice person, but it's a "Catch 22" in that she must be dishonest because she can only act on what Lian says, but if Jenny holds true to her morals, then she will be out of work. So, it's a difficult position for her for sure. In the past I have even seen Lian withhold teacher's salary and then blame the manager behind his back (a different manager), when the teachers complained, so she didn't have to take the blame...in the meantime, the manager was fighting for the teacher's pay. Lian just needs a scapegoat or someone to blame for her own faults and failures as a human being. I believe she's been through 4 or 5 general managers thus far.

#20 Parent Protector - 2008-05-20

So, if I understand correctly, the Manager position doesn't exist anymore, and there is now a teaching manager (Jenny) and the CEO (Yu Lian Hua). Interesting. Things have changed a bit since I was working for the company. So, really, topics of delayed pay (which, by the way, was always a HUGE problem with English World) are really not exactly Jenny's realm of responsibility. Lord knows, it would be useless to talk to Lian about it, because she nips her money tighter than a camel's butt :) I say just report her to the Public Security Bureau for not paying your salary. She's in breech of contract and they are there to protect you. People like Lian get rich because they think that being in their home country makes them stronger than you. She thinks you're weak and that she has you under her thumb, but you can fight. I already filed a complaint about her with my embassy in Beijing and the last time I checked, the investigation was still pending. They send me email updates. Supposedly, they are sending someone out sometime this year to talk to Lian, but we all know how slow these things can be. The embassy asked me if I wanted to press charges, but I said no, so they are just sending an investigator to take care of that side of things. So...if it's all legit and legal, well...she has no worries. Somehow, I doubt that though! Take care!

#21 Parent jenny - 2008-05-20

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thanks for the compliment.

This has reference to this statement:
" Lian expects her managers to do her dirty work and act as human shields when she throws poop at the fan. Why else would she have gone through so many managers?

I had been struggling to tell the teachers the truth about any situation and I'm not in any position to change any information that the CEO would want me to tell them. I know that I am dealing with intellectual people so I assume that they have their own interpretations and opinions about it. Sometimes I act as mediator and IT"S QUITE A CHALLENGE to be in such position.
The CEO knew about me for a while and I can't tolerate lies . My job is to ensure that the teachers are doing their job well. I only interfere when the teachers' teaching performance is affected due to other factors beyond my duties...I am the teaching manager and not the GM of the co. so I have limitations when it comes to money and others issues(Chinese manager).

I am not doing things for my own benefits or best interest and I'm sure that most of the teachers knew that.I always try my best to give them the first priority before myself. They always get their salary before me. I would never enjoy my life when my colleagues are in trouble.

In fact, I was demoted because they thought that I was supporting the teachers against the co.. What a relief!

WE WILL NEVER PLEASE EVERYBODY ....TO THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO HATE ME...TAKE TIME TO ASSESS THE SITUATION AND PUT YOURSELF ON MY SHOES... MAY YOU FIND PEACE...

#22 Parent Protector - 2008-05-20

In 2005-2006, English World was investigated on 3 different occasions. First by the Tongliao Public Security Bureau due to the fact that teachers were teaching under "F" visas, which is illegal. "F" visas are reserved for those invited to China to conduct business, not to teach. Lian was informed of the investigation beforehand by a friend who works with the PSB and all of the foreign teachers had to be interviewed by the PSB. We were told by Lian to tell the PSB that we did not teach, but rather that we participated in the writing of textbooks and did promotional work. We went through with the interviews, but it was very hard on alot of us because we knew what could happen if we were caught lying. But, it was either that or lose our jobs. The second time we were investigated, Lian left the office and a woman and 2 men from the Department of Education came to investigate...they went through Lian's filing cabinet and rifled through the desks.

They had alot to say about a sign that Lian had on the door to the office that claimed we were a school (it was written in Chinese) and because she didn't have the permit to be able to operate a school, or have foreign teachers, they said that she was breaking the law. These Department of Education people returned again and insisted that we all have medical examinations done, and to make matters worse representatives from the Department of Education were present in the room when we had our examinations, and saw us half-naked and it was quite humiliating to us foreign teachers. So, there were at least 3 occasions while I was there in which there were investigations. Until recently, illegal recruiters could fly "under the radar" so to speak, but now there have been alot of changes to the Chinese visa process which will make things alot harder for people like Lian.

I believe there will be no "F" visas issued between March 2008 and October 2008. Also there is no such thing as a visa extension anymore (Lian used to get a doctor to write a note stating that the foreign teacher was too sick to go to Hong Kong to get a new visa so that they could go there with an expired visa to renew it) Usually it worked, but I believe the authorities began to catch on...ask Nate, an American foreign teacher who worked for her. Lian told him that although his visa was expired she "had it covered"...he went to Hong Kong, was detained and fined for having an expired visa...at his expense of course. I went to Hong Kong with an expired visa and was questioned, but they let me through just because I was lucky.

Before I left for Hong Kong, Lian told me that she made a call and that it would all be fine. When I told the immigration officer upon entering Hong Kong, he laughed in my face and said that there was no such thing as "making a call" in such matters...an expired visa is an expired visa. Luckily, he let me through, but I felt like such a fool. I also read something about there being no visa switches anymore, starting in March 2008...before, you could come to China on a tourist visa and change it to a Z visa (which is what you need to have to teach) but now whatever visa you come in with is what you have to stay with; you can't switch it anymore apparently, and if it's expired, you need to get a new one by leaving China for 5 days (I think it used to be 24hrs, if that.), provide travel receipts and prove that you are affiliated with a government approved agency and so on. (For an "F" visa that is, but good luck getting that in Hong Kong without good solid proof, especially if you're not American or Canadian.)

Anyway,with regard to your question why Lian can have dealings with the school board and so on, while not being legal...it's not that hard to justify. Not many Chinese know about permits to employ foreigners (from the S.A.F.E.A.) or visas or anything like that. They're pretty much going on her word. Then there is the whole aspect of how "money talks" in Chinese society. Things often move a little quicker and a little more quietly when it's greased with a few 100 RMB bills.

Also, the schools are not going to care if the foreigners don't have the proper documentation, only Lian and the foreigner will get into trouble...maybe just the foreigner. Chinese don't know much about policies for foreigners, especially where foreigners living in Tongliao is still a relatively new thing for that city. They don't have alot of experience dealing with such matters. You can actually check with the State Administration of Foreign Employee Affairs (SAFEA...they have a telephone number on their website) and they will tell you if the place you are woking for is permitted to employ foreigners. The last time I checked, Inner Mongolia University for the Nationalities was the only school in all of Tongliao with a permit, and also able to provide "Z" visas. As for the name of the company it has been changed, because she had to have the word, "business" in it in order to get away with having "F" visas which are only allowed for business oriented companies, not for teaching. By the way, after leaving China I did some research...foreign employees living in China for less than a period of 2 years are exempt from paying taxes so, if she's taking taxes off of your pay...it's going into her pocket.

I had Chinese ex-employees of hers tell me that they were apalled at how she used to keep the taxes for herself and the foreigners were not even supposed to pay taxes. Alot of things go on "in Chinese" that the foreigners do not understand...things that would make you sick. Did you know that all of her teachers are different prices to the schools? If a school isn't willing to pay whatever for a white foreigner, then she will say, "well, I can give you a Filipino or a Black for that money, but not a white person". Kinda makes you feel a little bit like a herd of cattle doesn't it? Oh well...the way I look at it, everything always comes out in the wash eventually. No bad deed goes unpunished and people always pay for their dishonesty.

As long as there are people willing to teach for Lian, then she will make money from them. I just couldn't stay around anymore, because I was tired of being treated as less than a deserving human being. There is no need to try to pick falsehoods out of what I say at all...I have no reason to make things up about English World. I know what I'm talking about, because I have been in China for a long time. Hopefully, you can tell by my words that I'm an honest person...I'm sorry I can't tell you who I am, for my personal safety has been threatened by Lian in the past. Take care of yourself.

#23 Parent risktaker - 2008-05-20

HELLO ALOHA OR WHOEVER YOU ARE.....
I REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU GIVE US RECOMMENDATIONS OF SOME JOB YOU KNOW COZ RIGHT NOW WITH THE PRESENT SITUATION IN CHINA I'D RATHER STICK MY BUTT IN THIS SO-CALLED ENGLISH WORLD CO. COZ I HAVE NOWHERE TO GO AND MY FAMILY BACK HOME IS IN NEED.
IT IMPLIES THAT YOU ARE ACCUSING PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THIS CO TO BE " FOOLS " AS FAR AS MY STAY I AM GETTING WHAT IS DUE TO US. BEFORE I CAME TO THIS CO. I WAS INFORMED OF THE DELAYS OF SALARIES ETC...BUT I DECIDED TO BE HERE COZ I'VE GOT NO CHOICE....I PREFER TO GET STH THAN TO BE IDLE....AND GET NOTHING

IF YOU WANT TO HELP PEOPLE PLEASE SEND US YOUR CONTACTS AND IF LUCKILY THE OFFER IS GOOD ... I WILL LEAVE THIS CO.AT ONCE...

EVERYBODY HAS ITS OWN EXPERIENCE..IT DOESN'T MEAN TO SAY THAT WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU OR THEM WILL HAPPEN TO ME AND IF SO THEN ITS MY OWN DISCRETION TO LEAVE..RIGHT

#24 Parent CONCERN - 2008-05-20

Teachers have been fined due to improper visas provided by this company in the past.

Can you provide us with more details about this..we've never heard of this..you know we heard from the old teachers about different stories but never heard of teachers being fined because of illegal visas....and in the contract that we've signed ,,it didn't say that the co. will provide us F or Z but they will help us with the documents and that we agreed. with our experience some of us would say that the co.'s visa is good comparing to that of the agency fee (with my experience) and some would say its over charge but who knows ....

We came here to earn and the problem we have so far ;VISA and delay of salary

With regards to the name of the co. we were informed that it is registered ..if it is illegal...why is it that until now nobody from the gov't would dare to investigate?

We also heard that Jenny has been with some leaders from the local board of education going around to give trainings to Chinese English teachers and she represents the co..so if it is really true that the co. is not registered..would the board of education support the co's programs ..in addition the office is within the government building...education building ....,,,can you please provide us with more informations...
thanks

#25 Parent sky - 2008-05-20

hello,

As you've said you've worked in My English World before..who was the manager and how was the management that time? You also said good words about Jenny but based on the postings they seem to blame Jenny for what is going on. Is Jenny a stock holder or member of that co.? you've said she stayed in that co. for a while..

I think you are a native speaker and worked with Jenny..what can you say about her? Does she teach well? Im just curious about this Jenny mentioned in this forum.

thanks...

#26 Parent BE CAREFUL...ENGLISH WORLD HAS TROUBLE WITH LOCAL PUBLIC SECURITY BUREAU - 2008-05-19

The dreaded English World in Tongliao, Inner Mongolia has taken on a few more names. They are as follows and are all the same horrible company mentioned in previous posts: "England World Tongliao City Business Limited Liability Company", "My English World", "English World Business Limited Corporation", "English World Business Company Limited". They need to keep changing their name due to run-ins with the local public security bureau. In order to seem more convincing in providing business ("F") visas to employees (which is illegal if you are teaching) they change the name to more business related titles. Teachers have been fined due to improper visas provided by this company in the past. They are on several online Blacklists under one or more of the aforementioned titles.

#27 Parent pokey - 2008-05-18

Whoa!!! That post didn't even make any sense! Not only is it a mess of nonsensical blabber...are you, Jenny, trying to blame this guy for English World's wrongdoings? What the heck do you mean by,"YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF TO BE CALLED SUCH A SCOTTISH RETIRED MAN". That makes no sense! Hey Jenny, with English like that, you should be ashamed of yourself to be called the manager of an English Company!

#28 Parent hmmnn - 2008-05-17

very well said aloha.

could you please e-mail that to that "jenny" they are talking about?

it seems that she's stuck-up her head inside a "toilet bowl" and just enjoying it...doing nothing to get her head out of there.

#29 Parent Protector - 2008-05-17

When I taught in China, it was from my experience that non-native English speaking teachers i.e. people from the Phillipines, etc., had a very difficult time finding and maintaining teaching positions. Many teachers that I have known that were in such situations were extremely well-educated and qualified individuals, so it was unfortunate that because they didn't satisfy the school's desire for a "foreign looking" individual, they weren't given the credit that they deserved. Quite often, I have seen more value placed upon a blonde, blue-eyed, white-skinned English teacher, than on an African or an individual from the Phillipines, although the white person had less experience and qualifications. Because we as foreigners can never truly understand Chinese culture, it's kind of difficult to understand how Chinese feel about foreign teachers, but I have had Chinese say to me that, "foreign teachers are clowns or prizes that a school can flash to show how much money they have". At first, I thought that this must be an overstatement, but if you really think about it, why else would most employers need a picture with your resume? Why do they take you to copious dinners and exhibition visits? Why are you advertised and paraded around so much? Because it's true. People from the Phillipines blend in with the natives too much. You look like them and are not "flashy" enough in their eyes, and because of this, people like Yu Lian Hua will walk all over you. YOU ARE HIGHLY EDUCATED, QUALIFIED, EXPERIENCED and INTELLIGENT men and women who don't deserve to be used as stepping stones for her muddy shoes. I worked for Lian and I recall vividly the day that she told me and two other white foreigners in her office that she wasn't going to hire any more whites, but rather that she would stick to the "Blacks and Filipinos because they don't give her any trouble and they want less money"...translation: she thinks you will eat dirt as fast as she can shovel it because you need the money. I thought that I would bite my tongue off that day, because Lord knows if I said anything, I'd probably starve to death. During Christmas that year, us teachers went for nearly 3 months with no salary (actually, no, sorry, she loaned us 500 RMB) while she bragged about buying over 100,000 RMB worth of Baijiu and gifts for the school administration/headmasters. I remember being in attendance as 5 workers carried gift bags into the office by the armload, and the packages covered the whole office floor. We couldn't even buy anything for Christmas, while she greased the palms of her pals! Respect yourself...don't let anyone use you and don't be afraid of leaving the company, she can't do a thing to you. Ask a Chinese friend to translate the "work permit" she has on her office wall; the document says nothing of being allowed to employ foreign teachers, or that she runs an educational business...oh, and also it's in her sister's name and not hers (on account of her being a U.S. citizen, she had to do it that way since China doesn't recognize dual citizenship). So, unless you know her sister...no worries. Also, she's not going to report you to anyone, since she doesn't have a permit from the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs to have you there in the first place...she'd just be ratting herself out. Be safe...take care, and good luck to you all. P.S. Jenny...Lian wanted to "get rid of you" (fire you) several times but asked other foreign teacher's advice and we saved your butt by talking her out of it on at least 2 occasions. To teachers who are angry with Jenny...she's just a pawn. All of you are. She has to keep polishing the proverbial knob for Lian, otherwise she'll end up in a very bad situation, so obviously she's going to look out for number one and protect her best interests. Jenny is a very nice person and I know that she must feel awful when she has to communicate things to the staff that she knows in her heart are wrong. Lian expects her managers to do her dirty work and act as human shields when she throws poop at the fan. Why else would she have gone through so many managers? I guess that eventually the stink just gets too strong. It's not Jenny's fault...I also commend her for lasting as long as she has...Lian's puppets would typically have quit long before now. Now, go have a Baijiu, Pijiu, or whatever and think about what I just said ;) Over and out.

#30 Parent Jack Inglis - 2008-05-06

I thought i was finished with this site, but i cannot let this reply, from the only dishonest filipina i have yet met, to stand.
Ms Jenny will tell you that if after starting to work for English World that if you don't like it you are free to leave.
But are you really free to leave. I question the veracity of her statement.
You are of course free to leave if you wish to leave behind all of the salary you have accrued, because believe me you will not receive it.
She will tell you" We are all mature people and can make our own choices" but the fact is that if that if applicants could know
up front the workings of this company, they would not apply in the first place.
I am absolutely disgusted to hear this woman talk about some one else's principals, this from a filipina who does not recognise the word.

Who is this woman who says:
"WHEN YOU LEAVE ..MOVE ON AND FOCUS YOUR ATTENTION
TO THE PRESENT ..DON'T TRY TO VEX YOURSELF BY POSTING BAD THINGS"

So even if you have had a bad experience at the hands of these people you have to keep quiet.

"The company does not force or threaten any applicant to work for them."

Of course that is true, but then, the same company does not only recruit experienced teachers. They will recruit anyone who resembles a teacher.
One of the conversations of my wife with the CEO of this company went as follows:
My English World "Do you know of any more teachers that can come here"
My wife "Well my friend could come but she is not a teacher"
My English World" Has she got children"
My wife" Yes"
My English world" well then she can teach"
These chat messages van be reviewed by anyone who wishes to see them.

To show everyone the workings of this company, below is an e-mail to all employees, it will tell you of the suspect dealings of these people far better than I ever can.

Dear Teachers:

Greetings!

This is to inform everybody that the salary will not be posted today. The company will use the fund as show money or deposit money for the eight teachers whose visas will expire on Monday. With our experience, the visa extension had been one of the difficulties that most teachers have had. In this connection, the company decided to sponsor all the teachers whose visa will expire and wave the sponsorship fee amounting to eight hundred 800 RMB or more for each teacher. Due to the holidays the companys fund is not enough for the salary and for the visa extension as well. We will assure you that the salary will be posted on the 14th of October 2007. Please be advised to go to class on Monday.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration and understanding regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

My English World Management

Is it just me or did that statement say "We don't have enough money to pay you"
Does anyone recognise this statement as having any validity regarding the advertisement that they replied to.
What the e-mail says is that to keep the the eight teachers in China, all employees will pay the price by not receiving the salaries that they are entitled to.
This is not an isolated incident, whatever Ms Jenny would tell you.
What prospective candidates should know is that it is possible that because of the Chinese Work Visa laws all the employees of English World could be deported at a moments notice, especially in this year of the Olympics.

Finally, I have been told by both the Manager and the CEO of this company to keep quiet, but of course until I see some improvement in the treatment of foreign workers by English World, I will always try to keep interested parties informed.

Jack Inglis

#31 Parent aloha - 2008-05-06

Learning from Failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mistakes. Errors and failures.

Whatever word you use for it, think of the mistakes you've made. How
do you feel about them now?

I have committed a lot of mistakes (and still do). Many times, I feel
bad and berate myself. My self-esteem dips. All are normal reactions.
But I do not end there.

Mistakes have negative connotations but they can also be used for
improvement. The greatest success come from the lessons learned from
errors committed.

Here is a breakdown on what to do with mistakes, using my own.

I once forgot to leave the keys to my car (which was blocking another
one) to the parking attendant. When I came face to face with the owner
who been waiting for an hour It was not the best situation to be in.

Be Aware. As I entered the parking lot, the parking attendant were not
smiling or greeting me. I was about to ask for my keys when I felt a
familiar jingling in my right pocket. I forgot to leave my keys.
That's when I knew I made a mistake.

When you see the facts, don't be in denial. Listen. Observe changes
(or non-changes) . Don't feign innocence. Be level headed. Everybody
makes mistakes. You are not perfect.

Admit. Once you realize your mistake, take the blame. Take
responsibility for your actions ((or inactions). In humility, say you
goofed.

I faced the lady whom i have unintentionally inconvenienced and told
her straight that it was my fault. I had no good reason.

Do not justify mistakes with reasons. It just diminishes your
credibility but does little to make the situation better. No finger
pointing. Do not make a second mistake of placing the blame on
somebody else, the weather or the traffic. Do not lie and insist that
you are not wrong.

Make amends. Do corrections when necessary or you are able to. Ask for
forgiveness but do not overdo it. Listen to what they are saying and
what they are not saying. Sometimes it's better to leave them alone
first and let them cool down. At times, that would be enough.

I asked for forgiveness and said I was very sorry. I took the cue that
she didn't want to hear anything else from me when she said "Can you
move any faster?" She just wanted to get going. So move fast I did.

Many times, we can make amends after our misdeed immediately after. If
you broke a vase, you can buy or pay for it. At other times, it is
best to let go for the moment and make up for it later when.

Move on. When I came home, I was still playing the scene over and over
that I was still shaking from embarrassment. "What If" was the mind
game i played. But I've realized that it's already in the past. I
can't change it. Even if I ran it over and over my head like a DVD
movie, the deed has been done.

There is no use crying over spilled milk. Don't wallow in pity, misery
or fostering depression.

Sometimes we get so focused on a failure that we stay in a state of
helplessness and shock. We feel guilty and unconsciously wallow in misery.

We must get up on our feet and begin anew. Let go of what was and look
to the now and tomorrow.

Learn the Lesson. Guess who gives his key to the parking attendant
even before it is asked? I've learned how to be more responsible after
that embarrassing incident.

Focus on what can be done better. What could work? How could it have
been prevented and how could it be

Do better next time. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
expecting different results. Perseverance is a good trait to have but
if you insist on doing the same thing that made you fail, you might
need to go to the shrink. Edison "failed" more than 1000 times so we
can now enjoy the light bulb. But he tried several times using
different combination of materials until he got it right.

In every setback, there is an equal or greater opportunity. Find that
gem in every failure which will lead you to success.

#32 Parent kikay - 2008-05-06

I don't think so they received only 200 rmb. I have seen the papers proving that they received what ever money they have in that company. don't worry i will tell jenny to post all those in this site so they should know their selves. the only person i think who didn't yet receive her money from my english world is sharon. jenny told her to go to the company to get her money but until now she didn't manage herself to go and get it. now, who's at fault. are you going to blame jenny for this?
well, i am really new to that company and i can't see any problem with jenny. the only problem is that the big boss. though jenny wanted to move on and help her co-filipinos but then lian still controls her. if you were in jenny's situation, how can you manage yourself to help specially visa problems if the big boss keeps on controlling you. and with regards to salary, i think you should not blame jenny on tht matter. she's not the accountant. and besides as i have told you those teachers who leaves the company got their money already except for sharon.
anyway, summing it up....... it's not jenny's fault and not the teachers fault either. it's the big boss' fault. so stop this things! we are just making ourselves a laughimg stocks to some other nationalities. confront jenny personally or call her and talk with her about this things. if you really want to.......
do it face to face. don't stub her at her back!!!!!!!

#33 Parent Pinoy in China - 2008-05-02

Hello Jenny my Friend and Ading,

I have read all the messeges..positive and negative comments, in this blog which a friend of mine just inform me about this blog, and I was a little bit surprise of some of the comments that should not be written or put in this blog, because it only destroy the image of the Filipinos who are working overseas, well..anyway...sometimes you cannot blame them also beacause of their bad experiences they had while working in that company, on the other hand, these people should not also make exagerations on how they give comments. To jenny, just do whatever you know you can help our kababayan since they are under your supervision, and do your best to talk to LIAN to improve on how she manage her company...I know that the only problem in that company is not fulfilling some of its promises and policies such as delayed salary,working Visa is being over charged, and other benefits that this teachers should enjoy. In order not to experience Chaos in that company...you should implement good policies consistenly and fairly. I guess the schools pays their obligations to the company-English World and the English World will be the one to pay the teachers, right? so I guess there no reason for you to hold the salaries of your teachers, except of some agreements agreed upon by the company and the teachers. so, in order that everything goes well....tell to madam Lian to patch up in order to get back your good image and reputation. Specially to you ading Jenny, you will not stay here in China forever, as they say, theres no place like home...well, am not saying that you are not doing good, but what am trying to say is be an accessory to improve the conditions of the teachers under your supervision in that company. Talk to Lian heart to heart..tell her that if you will not do something to solve this problem...consequences may come that you will regret in your entire life. and I know all of us doesn't want that to happen. Life is nice and precious..enjoy and cherish it. I am not criticizing anybody here..am just giving suggestions...if I have commited mistakes in this comment- grammar or whatsoever, I beg your constructive comment. I am not an English Major anyway...he he he..but at least I know English...he he he he...So, TO ALL MY CO-FILIPINO TEACHERS HERE IN CHINA...LETS HELP EACH OTHER...IF SOMEBODY COMMITTED MISTAKE LETS HELP BY GIVING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS...AFTER ALL, WE ARE ALL FILIPINO/S. GOODLUCK AND MABUHAY TAYONG LAHAT!!!! AGBIAG T PINOY!!!!!

#34 Parent Pinoy - 2008-05-01

Madam kikay,

well, you are true with respect to some allegations, but you should also balance the way you talk because, I was also a teacher in that company before and I have experience what other foreign teachers had experience and I found out that some allegations are true...maybe they had just made some exagerations on their revelations. yeah, jenny is doing her best but sometimes she can no longer defend the rights of the teachers being the manager, those teachers came here to look for a greener pasture for their family not to become a teacher for nothing. receiving a 200 or 500 rmb as your salary for a month as part of your salary of 4000 to 5000 is not fair and just...and the next month the same situation again...how about your family out there waiting for something, your daily expenses for you to survive and have a strength to perform well in your job? do you think there is just and equality in this situation? as I've said earlier, you should balance your defense mechanism KIKAY...open your eyes, don't be a hypocrte. you cannot blame this teachers airing their sentiments because of their experiences, maybe you still new in that company..you still dont know...with regards to jenny, they only criticize her as a manager not as a person...jenny is a good person also in fairness...

#35 Parent kikay - 2008-04-24

hi teachers!
i am kikay! a teacher of my english world. i feel so mad reading these messages you have posted. it's very shameful if other foreigners read these things. ofcourse they will laugh at us. please don't make filipinos a laughing stock.

if you have a bad experienced in my english world then please don't post any sarcastic messages in this site.

to tell you the truth, everybody has a bad experienced. you're not the only one. that even the manager, jenny, experienced it.

don't blame jenny for everything for she's doing her very best to help her co-filipinos like me. i have known this lady for very long time. she's kind enough and God fearing.

i know for sure that you envy her because of her position in that company. that she do received lots of penny than you do. why not make a way too to achieve a position like that.

to jenny, don't take it seriously. they are not the ones who are feeding your family. they just want to destroy your good reputation. "keep up the good work". don't ever decide to leave the company for some filipinos are still longing you to stay there just for the sake of having a job.

to those who are very much educated but not learned: mind your own way.!!!!!!!!forget about CRAB MENTALITY.

#36 Parent irked - 2008-04-24

is MY ENGLISH WORLD an accredited institution to hire Foreign Teachers? Do the Foreign Teachers in that school hold a Z-visa while teaching? How did these Filipino teachers find their way into that school? Did you put up an advertisement promising a Z-visa? If not through an advertisement, who recruited them from their country and how were they able to land in that school? Taking for granted that you lured them into coming as tourists and promised to get them a Z-visa were you able to do it?

You have said in one of your posts that you are on the process of securing a Z-visa for some of your FTs, meaning they are already in your school, it means that you lured them to come with a tourist visa. What will happen if you can't get them a Z-visa, as i think this is the case that makes many of your former FTs enraged...they will be forced to go home...if that will be the case do you pay all their expenses in coming, their salaries for services rendered?

From what i gathered from the postings...from the time of recruitment up to the time of (forcible leaving due to lack of Z-visa), you have done a lot of shortcomings (cheatings-to put it rudely).

YOU MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THESE...check on these again. Don't be silly trying to justify UNLAWFUL ACTS...you'll never get away from these unless you face the real situation squarely.

#37 Parent jenny - 2008-04-24

I DON'T NEED TO BE ASHAMED IN THE EYES OF GOD COZ I'M CONFIDENT WITH WHAT I AM SAYING AND POSTING ... I DONT NEED TO HIDE MY IDENTITY TO EXPRESS WHAT I FEEL...IF I REALLY HAVE VIOLATED ANY LAW ..THEN THEY KNOW WHERE I AM...

GOD KNOW'S EACH ONE OF US...ASK YOURSELF ,,,why you're doing such..are you really helping or expressing an anger ...WHY DO YOU NEED TO HIDE YOURSELF TO TELL THE TRUTH ..reveal yourself

ENGLISH WORLD IS NOT THREATENING OR FORCING ANY APPLICANT OR ANYBODY TO WORK ..IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE POLICIES ..YOU ARE FREE TO LEAVE...THAT'S WHY BEFORE YOU APPLY TO A CO. OR ANY INSTITUTION ..YOU NEED TO KNOW OR GET FIRST HAND INFORMATIONS ABOUT IT..FROM THERE ..YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR CHOICE...WE ARE ALL MATURE TO MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES... IF YOU'VE CHOSEN TO WORK IN MY ENGLISH WORLD THEN YOU NEED TO BEAR WHATEVER CIRCUMSTANCES THAT MAY ARISE AND IF YOU CAN'T ..PACK YOUR THINGS AND LEAVE PEACEFULLY...
IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO LEAVE...DO THE RIGHT PROCEDURE,,,RESIGNATION LETTER AND TALK TO THE BOSS...THAT IN AS MUCH AS YOU'VE WANTED TO WORK IN THE CO. YOU'VE REALISED THAT YOUR PRINCIPLES DON'T CONFORM WITH THAT OF THE CO'S

WHEN YOU LEAVE ..MOVE ON AND FOCUS YOUR ATTENTION TO THE PRESENT ..DON'T TRY TO VEX YOURSELF BY POSTING BAD THINGS OR BLABLAAALALALALAL OF YOUR FORMER EMPLOYER..coz you just don't know how things work...it might happened that when you're in a dire situation the same person you mocked or despise is the only available person to help you... how would you feel..think about that...

#38 Parent JENNY - 2008-04-24

ATTENTION:

THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT AT THE ESL JUNCTION....THIS IS TOTALLY CRAZINESS AND MADNESS..I HOPE AND PRAY THAT YOU WON'T GET CRAZY IN REALITY..

ESL Jobs and English Teachers in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and ...I am Jenny Lopez, manager of My English World Language Institute. ... Address 70 Mingren Street #501 Tongliao Inner Mongolia China Ad ID 641 ...

THIS IS TO INFORM EVERYBODY THAT SOMEBODY IS JUST TRTYING TO MAKE FUN OR DESTROY MY REPUTATION....WHOEVER YOU ARE;;; I WILL FORGIVE YOU ....GOD WILL DO VENGEANCE ON MY BEHALF COZ HE KNOWS YOU....

THANKS FOR THE BLESSINGS YOU'RE GIVING ME...

JENN

#39 Parent irked - 2008-04-24

a post from "oneladyinmongolia"???

This post is clearly made by "jenny" herself... you're just making evrything worse...putting shame on your country and it's people. And how dare you use even the name of GOD in your silly understakings!! Have a little bit of dignity and settle these things up. You are displaying your stupidities on the net and these aren't only affecting you but all Filipinos especially Filipino FTs. Surely there are good ones here on the job and trying to maintain a good image as much possible and won't let you mess everything up.

I have discussed this matter with the vice-consul of the Philippine Embassy,a good friend of mine, and brought to his attention this illegal hiring of FTs by your school from the Philippines...now, if you are acting as the illegal recruiter or whoever is doing the illegal recruitment for you in the Philippines then you'd better watch out.

Helping people could be a great endeavor indeed, but if you have an evil personal motive behind this, then you are beating the purpose. I can deduce from the postings that you are only putting these people into further misery...driving them into slavery by your cohorts in this evil money making FT business.

Be guided.

#40 Parent Concerned - 2008-04-23

Dont work for English world Inner mongolia China, the manager is Filippina Jenny Lopez and the CEO is LianYu.I was recruited to work for that compan,promise working visa as soon as possible made to teach not with working visa, L i left with 2 months money after working 4 months.i work well now with another company who never cheats.it is hell there, africans dont work for them.there's no difference between english world and slavery in africa. give respect to your self,they will let you work like slave, ask people like Tony,,Neville,Esther,carine, Daniel.when i work in that company, the african circle in Tonglio will let you know the truth to that company.africans are not slave.we too are educated.

#41 Parent oneladyinmongolia - 2008-04-23

IF YOU ARE A FILIPINO, THIS IS NOT A GOOD MENTALITY.......FOR MY SEVEN MONTHS WORKING IN MY ENGLISH WORLD, I'VE KNOWN JENNY A LOT. SHE'S NICE AND TAKING CARE OF ALL FILIPINO TEACHERS IN INNER MONGOLIA CHINA, SHE FEED FOR US DURING OUR DIFFICULTY IN TERMS OF MONEY PROBLEM COZ WE CAME IN INNER MONGOLIA WITHOUT MONEY IN OUR POCKET...SHE UNDERSTAND AND HELP US WITHOUT ASKIN' IN RETURN....IF YOU REALLY DONT KNOW ABOUT JENNY I INVITE YOU TO COME AND VISIT HER IN INNER MONGOLIA CHINA IN ORDER YOU TO STOP THIS NONSENSE ISSUE!!!!!!!

OUR BOSS LIAN PERSONALLY WORK IT OUT AND DO ACTION TO FIND A WAY TO PROCESS OUR Z VISA SOON...FOR YOUR INFORMATION... THIS YEAR IS THE HARDEST YEAR TO GET A VISA EVEN IF YOU HAVE MONEY, A LOT OF QUESTIONS IN THE EMBASSY NOT ONLY FOR THE FILIPINOS BUT FOR ALL THE FOREIGNERS WHO WANTS TO COME AND VISIT CHINA....

TO YOU MADAM JENNY WE PRAY AND CARE FOR YOU...GOD WILL NEVER SLEEP...GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING... " TREAT EVERYONE WITH KINDNESS, EVEN THOSE WHO ARE RUDE TO YOU, NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT NICE, BUT BECAUSE YOU ARE NICE..." GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS AND ALSO YOUR FAMILY CIRCLE...

#42 Parent jenny - 2008-04-23

thank you very much for your prayers....you're right may the HOLY SPIRIT GIVE ME ENOUGH STRENGTH, WISDOM AND COURAGE TO UNDERSTAND ''YOU 'PEOPLE WHO KEEP ON TALKING WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON...YOU ARE LIKE BABBLING IDIOTS...IF I CAN HELP ...WHY DONT YOU HELP THEM..WHY DO YOU NEED TO ASK ME..COZ FOR ME I'M TRYING TO HELP IN WHATEVER CAPACITY AND NO NEED FOR ME TO TELL YOU THE DETAILS ON THAT ISSUE..

WE ARE WORKING ON THEIR DOCUMENTS TO BE ABLE TO GET A Z VISA AND ITS NOT EASY TO GET THOSE DOCUMENTS..SOOO ..IF YOU HAVE OTHER WAYS TO HELP THEM THEN ..PLEASE DO SO...AND TO TELL YOU..YOU MIGHT ALSO WANTED TO HELP THOSE HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS OF FILIPINOS IN MACAU ..HONGKONG...ETC ..WHO CANT COME BACK TO CHINA DUE TO VISA PROBLEM...

#43 Parent VICTIM - 2008-04-22

thats true!!!!lets just hope and pray that jenny still have her concern to the filipinos..i have heard again to one of my friends that there is two filipinos who are now in mongolia to fix theyre visa bec the company told them to do so. and now this two filipinos cant able to comeback again in china so they called jenny and jenny told them that they cant do something about it,,For god sake janny!!how could you do this things to your co filipinos....i hope and i pray that may the good lord bestowe his holy spirits to you so that you can able to realize all the miserable things that you are doing for your co filipinos..

#44 Parent concerned - 2008-04-18

you are very much welcome Jenny, well you said that EDUCATION IS A CONTINUOUS PROCESS...IT NEVER ENDS... i just hope that you're really learning from you're mistakes.... By the way lets say you're learning from your mistakes in english, how bout your mistakes in covering that Company and continuously doing bad things to Filipino teachers? Hey Jenny your also a Filipino right? Open your eyes to the truth. Pay your employees their salary, they deserve it, they worked for it... put yourself in their place and let's see what you will feel, well that is if you still have a conscience.

#45 Parent Victim 2 - 2008-04-16

thank you so much mr jack..for posting this kind of messages..i am one of the many victims of this company upto now i still my salary to them..what is bothering me now is there are still a lot of my friends who are still there they cant go coz of the fact that they dont have enough money..bec their salary is being hold....please continue posting messages for that demon company.....thank you and may god bless you

#46 Parent victim - 2008-04-16

jenny i dont know what is the real score behind why upto now you are still in that company?considering that you know for a fact the real situation...and you are keep on defending the company..i dont what is wrong with you..you have yo be true to yourself..pack your things and bring all the filipinos with you..get the hell out of there..my english worl can make your life a leaving hell..you dont have to sacrifice yourself and the other filipinos credibility and dignity for the sake of that company....to all the filipinos who are still there..rodney,michelle,julie,tony,ricel.jess,and you jenny,,please

#47 Parent VICTIM - 2008-04-15

jenny i dont know what is the real score behind why upto now you are still in that company?considering that you know for a fact the real situation...and you are keep on defending the company..i dont what is wrong with you..you have yo be true to yourself..pack your things and bring all the filipinos with you..get the hell out of there..my english worl can make your life a leaving hell..you dont have to sacrifice yourself and the other filipinos credibility and dignity for the sake of that company....to all the filipinos who are still there..rodney,michelle,julie,tony,ricel.jess,and you jenny,,please

#48 Parent viva - 2008-04-15

I'm glad that you understood my intention when I posted a message for you.

I'm sure that you are aware that many of us (Filipinos and NNs) are continuously, criticized, intimidated, humiliated and ostracized by some NSs with regards to our abilities as teachers. Many Chinese/English schools are continuously cheating and maltreating us, recruiters are cheating us, but to top it all, many of those victims just kept silent and mum about these things and worst keeps on allowing themselves as willing preys. For the very same REASON that YOU and I know ...and these always saddens me. Many of these have come to my attention...on some instances I have tried to give a hand the humble way I could but sadly, I can't do so much.

I consider myself luckiest. Yeah. I have just everything that many failed to have with regards to the "China dream"., and that I have always thanked God. For this reason, I've always tried to be wary to the plights of some of our countrymen. I wish you could join me on that. Surely, I would be very glad if I would be able to connect with you.

My kind reagrds.

#49 Parent viva - 2008-04-15

in that case, rest assured of my support.

many things have been done and said against Filipinos. We have always been in the awkward situation of proving ourselves.

the good news is...we are surviving...we keep on fighting....and WINNING.

So, let's not be the ones to destroy ourselves.

#50 Parent jenny - 2008-04-15

..Dear CONCERNED,
WHAT DID YOU SAY... YOURE ENGLISH SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,,YOU MUST BE LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN SELF ...

EDUCATION IS A CONTINUOUS PROCESS...IT NEVER ENDS...

THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION ANYWAY... AND JUST TO REMIND YOU..WHEN YOU GIVE COMMENTS IT SHOULD BE CONSTRUCTIVE AND NOT SARCASTIC COZ I KNOW THAT SOON YOU'LL ALSO BE INTIMIDATED BY SB AND THAT WOULD REMIND YOU ON HOW BAD YOU TREAT PEOPLE.

Let's not deviate from the issue here.....if you try to make corrections on articles being posted here,,i know you must be enjoying coz a lot of errors...that's why LEARNING ENGLISH IS FUN...WHEN YOU MAKE MISTAKES THEN THERE'S A CHANCE FOR YOU TO CORRECT IT....

#51 Parent jenny - 2008-04-14

i have nothing to say ..i dunno sth is fishy... i sent some facts about this issue but it wasn't posted..

good luck to everybody ...vengeance isn't mine..it's God's...

continue sending messages against me and i'll continue to receive blessings and that i'll be able to help people...

God bless us all....

jenny...

Mr jack English

Im not rattled at all...go on ,,,anyway you're not busy busy ... so u must be enjoying such on the web....if you need e-mail addresses of people who worked here then i can forward them to you...

why dont you make a survey on the number of filipinos in china and how are they treated ...that would be a good research and more rewarding...i can contribute on that then from there we can make judgement....

#52 Parent Lian - 2008-04-14

TO EVERYBODY
Jenny is working for us as a manager, All teachers she hareied in My English World, She takes good care of them.Never deducted any a penny from the teacher.The deduction we hold for the breach pennalty. If the teacher finish one year contract,We give back to the teacher every penny. Every one of the teacher used to worke and are working in our companny, know this policy. Hi, Jack Inglis, the BETTER you shut up!

My English World

CEO

#53 Parent jenny - 2008-04-14

dear viva....

i understand what you mean...

i dont know how to justify some issues than to present some original files..

,,if you really wanted to know ..please do keep in touch...

englishworld200829@yahoo.com

we can chat

take care

my intention was to share the blessing i received...but it ended to be this way...

#54 Parent jenny - 2008-04-14

Dear VIVA,

Don't smear the Filipino image. . . .we will not allow you to do so
to tell you honestly....im bringing good impression about filipinos...and in fact the LOCAL BOARD OF EDUCATION COMMITTEE...GAVE ME A RECOGNITION AWARD DURING THEIR ANNUAL....AS ONE OF THE EXCELLENT TEACHERS FOR YEAR 2007...

DONT WORRY IM BRINGING ABOUT FILIPINOS THAT WE ARE HONEST DILIGENT AND COMPETITIVE WORKERS AND TEACHERS..MABUHAY...

JENNY

#55 Parent Concerned - 2008-04-14

is this Jenny really a manager of an english school? how come that you're (jenny) english isn't that good, please take a look at your sentence "JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION..WHEN YOUR WIFE ARRIVED I ACCOMMODATED HER IN MY HOME FEED THEM" if you will analyze this, the subject is the wife and it is singular, but how come you used THEM in the last part????? my 8 years old friend is far better than you when it comes to english i think... Well maybe thats the reason why you cant manage your staff for the better because even you you're not that competent to be a manager of so Called English World.... youre english SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe the best remedy will be for you to be a student also of your own english class... try to read the book "Basic English for the proper grammar and tense..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... by the way i am not an english teacher myself.

#56 Parent viva - 2008-04-14

jenny,

As i see it, you have become an accessory to all these supposedly evil doings of this Chinese owned Training center. Just my two cents, please be honest to yourself and to everyone concerned and assess everything fairly for your sake and for the sake of these people who were supposedly cheated by this crap school.

Don't forget the saying, "The end does not justify the means".

I'm a Filipino teacher here in China.I understand fully well everyones desire to make a living ...but in so doing, please don't deviate from the very purpose of living, which is nothing less than to be beautiful in the eyes of God.

Don't be a willing prey to these vultures by being used by them, otherwise you will be seen as worst than being the vulture himself.

RUn away as fast as you can now.In so doing, you will be saving more people especially Filipinos who can be the next victims of this crap school.

Don't smear the Filipino image. . . .we will not allow you to do so.

#57 Parent Jack Inglis - 2008-04-14

Madam,
The only thing you could teach me is would be how to con, my fellow countrymen into working for your boss, you are very good at that. I see that you have descended to the level of a personal attack on me. Its nice to know I have rattled your cage and I am sure there is plenty more of that to come.
None of your ranting and raving can hide the fact that you are a bad employee of an even worse firm and even today you are still condoning the bad treatment of your teachers.
I think I shall do a further poll of your employees and ask them if they really could not be bothered to answer me.
The whole point of this post is to make as many potential Filipino teachers as possible, are aware of the problems that will befall them should they be foolish enough to join My English World.

Jack

#58 Parent jenny - 2008-04-14

Hi MR JACK ENGLISH,

I HAVE NO COMMENT ON THAT...THE TEACHERS DID NOT REPLY TO YOU BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT ITS FUTILE TO ANSWER SUCH E-MAIL WHEN IF FACT THEY MET AND KNEW YOUR WIFE....THEY KNOW WHAT HAD HAPPENED ....YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF TO BE CALLED SUCH A SCOTTISH RETIRED MAN..WHY DID YOU ALLOW YOUR WIFE TO COME TO CHINA ...AWAY FROM YOU AND HER KIDS TO COME CHINA TO EARN JUST HOW MUCH...YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SHE'LL GONNA BE EARNING.....SHE CAME AND SHE WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE BUT NONE OF THE SCHOOLS LIKED HER ..WHEN SHE CAME HERE .DID I JENNY INVITED HER ? NO NO NO NO NO ...SHE HAD APPLIED DIRECTLY TO THE CEO? HOW DID SHE GET THE CO.'S EMAIL ..THROUGH THE WEB..DID SHE PAY ANY FEE? nO NO NO NO ....I KNEVER KNEW HER AND SHE HAD BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE CEO UNTILL SHE DECIDED TO COME THE CEO---BOSS ASKED ME TO TALKED TO HER...WHEN WE WERE CHATTING HER ENGLISH SEEMS GOOD BUT TO MY SURPRISED TO SEE THE REALITY ..WAS IT YOU WHO HAD BEEN CHATTING WITH THE CEO ? NOW YOUR WIFE WENT TO THAILAND .
.SO IF I AM YOU JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH ON THIS ISSUE AND GET BACK TO YOUR WIFE,,TAKE CARE OF HER AND YOU GUYS WILL ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE TRAVELLING...

JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION..WHEN YOUR WIFE ARRIVED I ACCOMMODATED HER IN MY HOME FEED THEM ..AND PROVIDE THEM A COMFY PLACE....AND EVEN GAVE A WELCOME PARTY AT MY OWN EXPENSE ..AND WHAT THEY SAID THANK YOU JENNY YOU ARE SO KIND....

lIFE IS TOO SHORT ..AND WITH YOUR AGES IT'S QUITE FASCINATING AND REWARDING TO ENJOY AND REAP WHAT YOU HAVE SOWED ....

pLEASE SIR WITH YOUR AGE ..I DO RESPECT YOU ..BUT IF YOU CAN COME PERSONALLLY TO OUR OFFICE AND YOU CAN SEE THE DOCUMENTS THAT WOULD SATISFY YOU..OKAY...

#59 Parent JENNY - 2008-04-14

as a recruiter ...once again did your wife pay any fee.....you'd better check your vocabulary on the said word....your old and untill now you lack some vocabulary words....i can teach you if you want...

#60 Parent Jack Inglis - 2008-04-13

I must admit that on reading this missive in support of Jenny, the manager of My English World, I had a good laugh. Its almost as if she had written it herself. (I wonder). She is the recruiter and the first point of contact with this company. She actively encourages her own countrymen and women, to travel to Mongolia to start employment in a job that she knows will rob these same filipinos of their wages. New starters are told that 3000rmb will be deducted from their salaries in each of the first 2 months of their employment and 4000rmb in the third month. This they are told will be held until, and to make sure, that they finish the 12 months contract and of course it will be paid back to them on completion of the said contract.
A "carrot" offered to prospective employees is that, at the end of the 12 months contract they will be paid a bonus of 10,000 rmb bonus.
This bonus is the same money that was deducted in the first place.
I conducted an email poll of some 20 of the then employees to ask If anyone had actually been repaid this money, or even if their monthly salary had ever been paid in full, or on time, just in case i was doing this company an injustice. I received not one affirmative reply.
This company seems to work on the principal that if you keep your employees hungry, you will keep your employees.
Please, all filipinos do not apply to this bogus company, you will, in the end regret it.

#61 Parent filipino - 2008-04-10

To whom it may concern:

This news is really unfair to our compatriot named Jenny. We all know the fact that tho she is known as the manger of this co. she doesn't have the authority towards the accounts or salary...if we have any concern we should be truthful and realistic into what we post on the net. Jenny, dont feel bad about this coz you can never please everybody ..we know you have been trying your best and to the fact that you had been feeding us and helping us many times. I know also that you had been lending your money to some of us without any interest specially when salary's been delayed..We thank you for that and we'll continue to pray for you. Be strong and do what you think its best.

To those who had been our friends colleagues in the co. if we have any concern we should ask or tell the CEO LIAN . Jenny is just an employee like you..she is not even a stock holder or a board member of the said co.

The irony is that: we were informed and we know about the condition of the co. yet we still work and recommend it to our friends..think about that....
I was in that co and i received all the benefits promised to me..
for those who are still there...get your money and look for a greener pasture...
jenny its time for you to leave that co........i know your reason why you'll still there ...but see how filipinos treat you....

#62 Parent blurry eyes - 2008-03-21
Re: English World Tongliao Inner Monglia

whoever posted this add about my english world company THANK YOU.
I've been to that company stayed for a while and left.I was not paid fairly.Delayed salary.i was robbed with my two months salary and ask me to pay my own visa.when you get your money u will ask a big WHY! This is not an honest company.they hire Filipinos thru a Filipino manager.they give illegal z visa to teachers.filipinos beware.no more whites are working there because of so many irregularities that are tolerated only by blacks and Filipinos.

concerned - 2008-03-02
China: English world Inner Monglia

Please be very careful about English world in Inner Mongolia. They hire Filipinos and blacks.They dont pay.If they do they will pay you 200rmb from ur 4000salary.They like to overcharge visas too. Janelyn Lopez alias Jenny is a Filipino who has pending cases in the Philippines. Shes an illegal recruiter. The CEO is Lian Hua Yu who claimed to be an immigration lawyer but she is the one who twists Chinese laws, especially on immigration. Be very careful. My English world Tongliao Inner Monglia China

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Sat, 14 May 2011, 03:00 AM]

Return to Index › China: English world Inner Monglia

Go to another board -