TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Looking for work
#1 Parent Marty - 2008-06-28
Re: Looking for work

I've seen a lot of bad press about EF in China. What about EF in Turkey? Does anyone have any experience in Turkey with EF or another company? Which employers in Turkey are reputable? Thanks for any help you can give me.

#2 Parent May - 2008-06-25
Re: Looking for work

Hi,
In my mind, you have made wrong with China.Do you trust or believe in the media? If the answer is "No",I can be sure that you will change your mind when you come to and stay in China.Please believe in your eyes and your real feeling on China.
yours friendly,
May

If you want to know the real China, you could write something to augustmay@163.com

Marty - 2008-06-24
Looking for work

I am looking for advice regarding a country to teach in or a specific company to work for. I am thinking about Turkey, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand, Western Europe (although I'm from the USA, so this limits my choices there), or anywhere else recommended. I am looking to start in the first week of October with my wife, who also will be looking for a job in ESL. I will not work in S. Korea or China and this is not going to change, regardless what someone might say/recommend. I am keeping in mind the following factors: work environment, pay relative to cost of living, cost of living, health care, family-friendly, benefits/working hours. I am not asking for details, unless you want to give them...I am just looking for short suggestions and I will look up the details on my own. I am not looking for negative feedback, so please don't reply with such unless you are in disagreement with a poster. Single sentences such as 'check out ______ company in _______country' would be perfect. I thank all of you in advance for your opinions and recommendations and time.

Marty

Return to Index › Looking for work

Go to another board -